Movies So Bad, They're Fun

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Napoleon Dynamite is a dud

-Anchorman sucks hind teat

-The Hulk is a hunk of crap

There are more, but they are so bad my mind just will not recall them ;-)

--

Regards,

yeah, but you don't exactly sound like they were bad enough that you enjoyed them.

I not only watched them all the way through, but I laughed hilariously all the while (not very much at the intended comedy parts though). The Hulk was just plain so bad that it made me cringe more than laugh, so maybe I should retract that one.

BTW, the only reason I watched these stinkers was that I was recently a long haul airline prisoner for a couple of days (seemed like weeks though) B)

--

Regards,

There's a move about some scientists making really smart sharks: "Deep Blue Sea", it's just bad, but I generally watch parts of it if it's on. It's kind of comical.

Tremors: I'm still not sure it it's poking fun at horror flicks, or is supposed to be a horror flick. To me it's a comedy, so bad, I like it.

Death Wish III.

Who are the punks on the street? Who dresses them? The acting and camera work is so bad....well, it's good! You can't ignore a movie where Bronson orders a Wildey .475 and does a little reloading. I also rate it as a "feel good" movie.

If it makes anyone feel better, many people believe scientology was the result of a wager between hubbard and heinlein.

An old friend of mine was pretty good friends with the late science fiction/historical writer and anthropologist L. Sprague de Camp. Sprague in turn had been good friends with L. Ron Hubbard. According to my friend, Sprague told him that one day he went over to Ron Hubbard's apartment to find Hubbard strung out, exhausted, about a week's worth of five o'clock shadow, looked like he hadn't bathed or been to sleep in days, but totally bouncing off the walls happy. When de Camp asked him what was up, Hubbard replied, "Sprague, I'm about to pull off the biggest con in history. I'm going to start my own religion." de Camp of course thought he was joking. He wasn't.

Total cheese that for some reason amuses me:

Streets of Fire.

trying to mix 80s pop with film noir and a sledge hammer fight between michael pare' and willem dafoe. Not to mention a mostly happy ending at the hands of an armed citizenry. What's not to like? (oh yeah, and you actually get to see the face of the woman who actually did the dancing in flashdance just for trivia's sake)

I LOVE Streets of Fire. I loved it when I saw it, like, four times in the theaters when it was first released, and I love it today. And the soundtrack. "Nowhere Fast". "Tonight Is What It Means to Be Young". "Countdown to Love". "Blue Shadow". What's not to like?

I don't know if I'd put it the "so bad it's good" category, but hands-down the worst movie I've ever seen was this thing called Ms. .45. What made this movie so fun though, was that I watched it with two friends, both highly intelligent and viciously witty, and we spent the entire time busting on the movie.

If Ms. .45 had been 10 minutes longer, I honestly think I might have laughed myself to death.

hey get this,

i jusf found out steven segal lives in my neighborhood. he has a daughter at st. jude childrens hospital. who'd a thunk?

lynn

Go over and tell him from all of us to shape up or ship out. His stuff is becomming so bad it isn't even funny anymore <_<

Dawn to dusk

Actually I think it's Dusk to Dawn, but I love that flik!!!

Salma Hayek as a stripper VAmpire

Guns, huge Vampire Fight...

And a SRV / Jimmie Vaughan soundtrak. Gotta love that!!!!

Next Topic Segal: Oof where to start. A lot of us were (yes, were) fans either for Aikido or the only decent gun handling in Hollywood. But he spends so much time having characters talk about how tough he is, we don't even get decent fight scenes any more. Being a fat drunk doesn't help, but is ego (from what I understand) is what has really killed him.

I know a guy who was doing gang stuff in LA, working with kids, juvi programs, docu-drama ("Grid Iron Gang" and others) anyway, the studios put him together with Segal and after one meeting he just refused to work with the goofball. And this is a Hollywood goofball saying this!!!

For Crying out loud he has even tried to SING in a couple of movies. Aye Caramba!!!

Last topic. The True king of all so bad they rule movies HAS to be....

Drumroll.....

.........ARMY OF DARKNESS.

Tad Dah. We have a winner.

I also loved From Dusk till Dawn. That is a true cult film. Loved the twist (hadn't read what it was about before I watched it). And yes, Salma Hayek is hot!

LOL, Dirtypool, a lot of recognizeable stuff in your post. Especially concerning Seagal and Army of Darkness.

Have you ever seen House of the Dead? It's a movie based on the video game. If you ever get the chance, rent it. You will regret it ;) It worse than Army of Darkness

I love it spook, "get this, you'll hate it!!!" LOL

Very limited selection of movies down here, in fact I see a lot of the "straight to video" crap we are talking about.

I have the official bootleg version of Army of Darkness, and sit through it listening to the commentary by Rami and Campbell. It's a hoot.

Hey, no body has brought up READY TO RUMBLE. Not quite in AOD's league but bad and funny all the same.

hey get this,

i jusf found out steven segal lives in my neighborhood.  he has a daughter at st. jude childrens hospital.  who'd a thunk?

lynn

Go over and tell him from all of us to shape up or ship out. His stuff is becomming so bad it isn't even funny anymore <_<

i haven't meet him yet. if i do met him i'm not saying nothing but good stuff. remember, just because he's put on a little weight ;) , doesn't mean he's forgotten all that martial art training and snap my neck like a twig. :D

lynn

Yes, there is a sequel to the Starship Troopers movie. Its called Starship Troopers:Hero of the Federation. Basically a bunch of grunts in a firebase surrounded by bugs awaiting evac while being turned one at a time by a new type of bug that burrows in and takes control of you. Straight to video crap. And there was also a Starship Troopers cartoon called Roughnecks.

Too bad you can't get any movies down there. I'm not promoting downloading anything. I'm not promoting using Bittorrent sites to get movies ;)

they sell movies on the street for equivilent of $1.50 - $3

They are rough and some don't even have anything burned on them, but it beats waiting four months for the movies in the cinema.