Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro 9mm Holster

RMark

One caution on the Blade-Tech DOH for USPSA is that if you decide to go to any large matches, it is questionable whether it meets the 2" requirement for the distance from the gun to the inner-most belt. That bit me hard at the USPSA Nationals and I ended up just removing the DOH adapter. I talked to Blade-Tech and they said to meet the requirement I'd have to shim the bottom attachment on the DOH adapter.

One caution on the Blade-Tech DOH for USPSA is that if you decide to go to any large matches, it is questionable whether it meets the 2" requirement for the distance from the gun to the inner-most belt. That bit me hard at the USPSA Nationals and I ended up just removing the DOH adapter. I talked to Blade-Tech and they said to meet the requirement I'd have to shim the bottom attachment on the DOH adapter.

You might want to look at the "Boss" hanger mentioned above. It's rock solid with the Blade-Tech or the CompTac.

You might want to look at the "Boss" hanger mentioned above. It's rock solid with the Blade-Tech or the CompTac.

Yeah, I'll be getting that for my Production rig now. For Limited I switched to a Ghost.

I am a Safariland fan. An ALS holster gives security and a fast draw at a good price. A 6377, 6378 or the new 7TS series is perfect for 3gun, USPSA or even the shooting sport that shall not be named. By indexing your thumb on the ALS release you are achieving a high grip on your pistol. Once the button is depressed, there is no resistance to lifting out the pistol. There is no drag like a holster that squeezes the gun for retention like the Bladetech's or similar rigs with set screw retention. You can have a belt loop, low-medium-high UBL, paddle, QLS, ELS, or even a tech-loc adaptor for belt attachment. I use the QLS system and have only one belt with a dozen different holsters. (M&P, Glock, with light, no light, etc.) My mag pouches, thankfully, are universal and fit my 9mm and 40 mags for all pistols.

Edited by Flash74

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Red Hill Training makes an awesome holster IMO. I have his holsters for 1911, CZ and VP9 and they enable a smooth release while being stable and secure. I am getting his M&P holster next month. He is on FB as "Red Hill Training" and is an awesome guy to work with.

RHT info below:

Robert King

Red Hill Training
Maryland State Police Certified Instructor
301-707-7972

I've used a number of Blade Tech holsters, I started with a revolution made for a 9c, that holster would work for a 9c, a 4.25 9, and a Core 9L, was pretty handy not having to change holsters. I also used a Blade Tech Speed holster that met the USPSA requirements, but not the IDPA rules, I finally ended up with a Safariland 014 for Open USPSA and the 9c holster for IDPA.

post-56380-0-86831700-1420413869_thumb.j

post-56380-0-32842500-1420413887_thumb.j

post-56380-0-28877000-1420414069_thumb.j

post-56380-0-39086500-1420414180_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Safariland 5199 will fit a M&P Pro 9. I was worried when I ordered the holster from Midway b/c the Safariland website said that holster wasn't compatible an M&P Pro but it works fine. You may have to watch out that you don't get a model for a standard 4.25 barrel.

I'm a cheapskate - so I went with a Bladetech Revolution which is like $25-30. Added the DOH attachment separately and I've been using that for probably 2 years now. Works great IMHO.

If you're wanting it to double for IDPA you can't use the DOH hanger so just the holster is good to go out of the box.

• 2 weeks later...