Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

18" 3 gun barrel

fireman489

Well, I have always run 20" barrels and I like the extra velocity. I do like the fact almost all new 3-gunners are whipped on the 16-18" or even shorter barrel. While all you guys couldn't find any barrel I was able to order all the 20" barrels I wanted! :)

Question for Mr. Kurt. My 16" barrel is shooting sub MOA at 100 yards, with good ammo. It's 16 inches because functionally its just a plain Stag carbine. What are the advantages of getting an 18 or even 20 inch barrel? I'm thinking the extra velocity would be nice, but honestly, it wouldn't make me a better shooter.

Edited by BobS761

First off Bob, it will make you better looking. It has worked for me for years! Secondly the gas system on the AR platform was designed around this length, and it is the softest, easiest on brass, and right at the length for optimal velocity. Third with extra velocity you don't have to be as precise with your range estimation as you have a bit more lee way in you vertical drop. Fourth you can run 55 grain bullets and knock over La Rue targets even at 4 and 500 yards. Fifth it won't help your benchrest groups and won't make you a better shooter sitting down with sand bags, but it might just help a smidgen in field applications. O.P. said he needed all the help he could get.....and...well....it does help. :)

Edited by kurtm

There was a 20% off group buy going last week on the nordic barrels. You better go check their Vendor Tent to see if it's still active.

Also some people are reporting good things about the Voodoo light weight barrels.

Expires 10/31/2014

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202215&hl=%2Bnordic+%2B20%25+%2Boff