Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New S&W M&P Performance Center Open Guns

matt7184

Competition Pistols in 9mm and .40S&W Now Available with Ported Barrel and Adjustable Trigger Stop

SW_PC_ported_MP.jpg

Smith & Wesson Corp. announced today that the master gunsmiths of its renowned Performance Center® have added four new competition-ready models to the M&P® pistol line with the availability of the M&P Performance Center Ported series. The new models, which expand the Company’s line of M&P firearms, offer discerning shooters premium features including a factory ported barrel and slide as well as a user adjustable trigger stop.

Chambered in 9mm and .40 S&W and available in both a 4.25-and 5-inch barrel configuration, the M&P Performance Center Ported pistols have been skillfully engineered with the competition shooter in mind. Open class members and action pistol competitors will appreciate the pistol’s precision cut ports which aid in reducing muzzle flip and improve the ability to remain on target after firing. The new M&P pistols have been further enhanced with a user adjustable trigger stop, allowing owners to personalize their competition rigs.

“The two biggest advantages of running a ported gun in competition involve reduced muzzle rise and less perceived recoil,” said Jerry Miculek, Smith & Wesson Champion Shooter. “When added to an already accurate platform, these features combined with the M&P’s low-bore axis, result in an enhanced competition gun that’s ready to hit the range. This combination of features is also going to help with shorter split times and more rounds on target, which are two things every competitor wants.”

Additional competition specific features include an integral mounting platform on top of the slide for the easy addition of accessory optics. Removable mounting brackets allow shooters to simply install the corresponding mounting screws to achieve the precise fit and height required for their favorite red-dot sight. Designed to work in conjunction with the Trijicon RMR®, C-More STS, Leupold® DeltaPoint™, Doctor, Insight® MRDS™ and JPoint™, the integral platform affords quick and custom sight installation that can be achieved without the assistance of a professional armorer.

For improved handling the M&P Performance Center Ported models feature a textured interchangeable back strap with aggressive stippling. Three patented palmswell grips are also supplied with each pistol, providing shooters the ability to tailor the grip size to their individual preference. Accuracy and precise shot placement during competition benefit from the addition of a Performance Center sear. The specialized sear allows for a crisp 4.5 pound trigger pull along with a fast, defined reset in between shots. Smith & Wesson has added higher sights on top of the slide that can be used in concordance with the mounted optic.

Other exterior and internal features of the new pistols remain consistent with the original and highly popular M&P design. The 9mm pistol is standard with a 17+1 round magazine capacity and the .40 S&W variant features a 15+1 round capacity. The M&P Performance Center Ported pistols have an MSRP of $812 and ship complete with two magazines.

For more information on the newest Performance Center models, visit www.smith-wesson.com orhttp://www.youtube.com/user/SmithWessonCorp for exciting new videos on all of the latest products.

http://www.juliegolob.com/performance-center-by-smith-wesson-introduces-new-mp-ported-pistols?fb_action_ids=10205228670183152&fb_action_types=news.publishes&fb_ref=pub-standard

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my 4.25 magnaported. They said 2 ports work best on 4.25 and 4 on 5". They also said they won't quad port anything under 5". The magnaport on my 4.25 is sweet. At 135 power factor. The dot just wiggles on the target. From stock to magnaport I lost 3 power factor on same load.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand why they went with 2 ports on the 5 inch, I think that some one looking to build and open gun out of one of these will not see the value in a pistol that only has 2 ports

Honestly I look at this gun as a 3 gun open gun not as a uspsa/ipsc open gun

Guys that shoot single gun are going to use they're STI

Guys that shoot 3 gun this maybe a good idea as major power factor isn't a issue in 3 gun

but then again why do you need a compensated 9 mm if your not shooting major powerfactor?

This is just a sales tactic for people to buy NEW gun

I'll sick with my 'limited division" CORE in 40 sw no optic

When I move to open 3 gun i'll buy a 9mm core with a Cmore

The powder was autocomp. 147 coated and 4.0 gr gave me like 134 PF.

Tried a minor load I had. And it was 2.8 tightgroup with 147. Went from 126 to 123PF after the mangenaport.

Going to try clays and 115 and autocomp and 115 soon.

The shop I work at part time got one in, afro interfering with an Apex trigger install, the tiger is really nice and I doubt that you will want to install one. I do wish that they would have put four ports on the 40, maybe they didn't so that they can stay at a major PF.

Magnaport told me 2 ports for under 5" works the best. And 4 ports on 5" works the best. They said 4 on the 4.25 doesn't have enough pressure. To blow gas to make it work. Even on 125 pf it works in the 135 range the magnaport works really well. With tightgroup or autocomp. Trying clays next with 115 to get more velocity.

afro interfering with an Apex trigger install

Maybe use a hairnet?

Magnaport told me 2 ports for under 5" works the best. And 4 ports on 5" works the best. They said 4 on the 4.25 doesn't have enough pressure. To blow gas to make it work. Even on 125 pf it works in the 135 range the magnaport works really well. With tightgroup or autocomp. Trying clays next with 115 to get more velocity.

That's a little odd considering a 4" barrel would have to have higher pressure at the ports.

The new over travel stop looks like it would interfere with some of the apex triggers.

Nope,..you can back it down to clear. BUT,...it does push the triger saftey out a bit if you try to use it.

Also, the performance center sear and the Apex feel almost identical!!!

The comp spring kit and eithher the factory trigger or the Apex if I do another.

Found a 5" in .40 at a shop in North Carolina...awaiting shipment. The 9mm is impossible to find, but I'm looking for it too if anyone knows of one in stock under $700?

Thanks

I just picked up a 40L today! In CA I doubt anyone will see them new under $750, good luck in NC.