Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New S&W M&P Performance Center Open Guns

matt7184

Purchased my .40 for $691 at sfarmoryinc.com

NICE!!! Thats darn near dealer cost in CA from some distributors.

Not sure if you saw, I installed the Apex AEK and trigger lastnight. The new performance center sear and Apex FSS are almost identical in feel and trigger pull weight.

My initial impression is save the $$ on the sear and just pick up the trigger of choice (if u want) and just install the Comp spring kit and maybe the RAM and your good to go!

The Sight tool does not fit the channel of the CORE pro either, but it is not needed so no big deal.

The safety plunger cover (under the CORE cover) was darn hard to back out, it bent my allen but did not strip out.

All in all, a nice trigger can be had for about $50-100 depending on what options you choose.

And the FastFires still fit with plate 5 if anyone is interested.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I saw these at my local place yesterday and they looked amazing. I think at my local place they were about $679 or something similar but cannot remember for sure.

Really making me think about my planned purchase of a CZ later this month.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd wait on reloading for your new gun.

When I got my 5" 9 Core last year I found that almost all my loads were too long for the throat of the new gun.

124 MG JHP over 1.105 would not fit.

I think you got a short throated barrel, I've loaded 9mm out to the max of 1.169 and they've chambered in my Core without a problem. My present load is 1.15 and I've shot over 50K of them. If it were mine it would be going back to Smith.

• 3 weeks later...