Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chip McCormick mags

Ray_Z

I don't know why but I find the need to get a 45 Single Stack 1911, probably Para, probably stainless. I'm a packrat, I love shiny stuff. What's the best mag to get? Is Chip McCormick the best? If so, which one?

The CmC Power Mag PLUS is the top of the line from his action shooting offerings. Extremely reliable and the magic is in the follower. Its highly resistant to fouling and dirt contamination so for those of us who drop mags in dirt and sand during a CoF, if you dont get ever last little bit out (ask any 2011 shooter), that can be a problem. the CmC PM+ will cope with that a little better by design.

You should think about buying one and testing it with your pistol before buying 10. I have owned CMC, Wilson, and Tripp cobras.

All are great mags, but the CMC run a little rough with some guns and ammo combo. The wilson's are good but I found that you need to break some of them in before they will hold capacity 100% of the time.

The Tripp Cobra Mags are the best I have run, they are so good that wilson decided to knock them off.

If you have friends with different brands of mags then you should try them out before you buy.

Good luck

I have used Chip's power mags for years in my Gann Customs and the 10 round version in my .45 Marlin Camp Carbine. Never had a problem with the magazines. Because of the square cutout in the top they are the only good extended magazines that will function in the carbine.