Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 Major Brass

KOBGT

I use both depending on the situation. Most of my 9mm Major is loaded into known once fired brass from an indoor police range. A few shooters that I sponsor ammo for have brass sponsors, so they ship me new 9mm brass and I load 9mm Major in it for my shooters.

I'm not shooting Your caliber but I have case I have reloaded

more then 50 times in 45acp at 875fps with 200 grain bullets..usually the case neck splits first or it gets lost at range before it looses it's use....wwe load commercially and as long as it has not been over belled, it will pass all the pressure test we run our cases through....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot it until it cracks. Maybe 8-10 reloads? I do pick up brass while practicing. I do not pick up brass at matches. For practice and local matches I don't chamber check for large matches I do.

I have NEVER purchased new brass or even once fired. All my brass is range pick up or what someone has given me.

I visually and audibly check brass as I pick it up at the range and as I clean it at home. You can usually hear a cracked case while handling it.

The last I bought was about $160.00 for 5500 = .029 per pc / 4 X 1000 =$7.27 per 1000.

I don't get the "once fired" brass aspect?

If I'm going to a major match and I want my ammo to run why would I not use brass that has already been thru the gun?

Once fired range pickup is just a "crap" shoot unless you own a case pro.

My 2cents

Mildot

The last I bought was about $160.00 for 5500 = .029 per pc / 4 X 1000 =$7.27 per 1000.

If I'm going to a major match and I want my ammo to run why would I not use brass that has already been thru the gun?

My 2cents

Mildot

5500 for $160.00 = $7.27 per thousand?????

Seems like a reasonable price for 5500, but um, does not compute.

My 2cents

Mildot

My interpretation of Once Fired is Once Fired in How Many Guns?

Range pickups are not a problem, after reloading, use your barrel as a chamber gauge, or, as you said, run them through a CasePro100. They are people/companies that will clean, roll sized for yo too.