Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magnets for faster draws

Gryaey

Specifically, I don't mean being sloppy when drawing, but rather, truncating one of the draw steps. Instead of acquiring a grip first, you can pull first and acquire a grip when the pistol is on its way up.

Edited by Gryaey

I run a steel grip and battery operated magnetic gloves. On the start signal I turn them on and the gun just flys to my hand.... Only 7 DQ's this year, still a work in progress but it's coming ;-)

That one time you put the battery in backward and almost shot yourself was bad ass...

I run a steel grip and battery operated magnetic gloves. On the start signal I turn them on and the gun just flys to my hand.... Only 7 DQ's this year, still a work in progress but it's coming ;-)

That one time you put the battery in backward and almost shot yourself was bad ass...

Hope you don't have braces. Would be amazing to hear the buzzer and you punch yourself in the face;)

Have you patented this idea? it sounds pretty awesome. if not patented yet do you mind if I try it? I'm thinking I will get the magnets surgically inserted under my skin though so my right hand becomes MAGNETO-HAND! It will make every day life a breeze. :)

Anyone ever think about putting magnets in their grip, and then wearing gloves with paired magnets? So that when you reach for your pistol, the two sets of magnets will link up and you can be sloppy when drawing.

As a straight answer to your question, there would be quite a few problems to consider other than the lack of safety implicit in a sloppy draw of a loaded pistol, including -

Empty metal magazines would be unlikely to drop free from a magnetic field.

The inside of your glove would have magnets wedged between your hand and the frame, preventing good grip under recoil.

Touching any metal part of your gun, to clear a stoppage perhaps, would result in your gloved hand attached to the gun.

Swapping strong hand to weak hand would be interesting.

The glove would need to be very tight to prevent extra movement of the fabric.

Attaching magnets to the grip would be problematic and outside the rule book in several matches.

Simple solution to all above - practise a good grip and safe fast draw. If it ain't broken ......

Instead of magnets, why not try a big rubber band or bungee cord? Then at the buzzer the gun can just snap up to your hand instead of you even having to move your hand down to draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by scottlep

Hope you don't have braces. Would be amazing to hear the buzzer and you punch yourself in the face;)

No come on now.... I'm not 16, I don't wear braces. But trust me it only took one time for me to forget to take off my Chastity belt my wife makes me wear when I'm not with in eyesite....

What not have the magnets done as Sub-Dermal implants.

The side benefit of magnetic fingers gives you lots of options off of the range.

Here is a nice article that has a video of it being done.

http://io9.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-getting-magnetic-finger-imp-813537993

Edited by sarnburg

Can we please get back to talking about something important, like ammo catching at a match ....?

So what your saying is you would load steel cases instead of brass and when you cleared your chamber you could literally never miss the ejected round... And you could pickup your brass, well steel anyway, with a wave of your magnetic hand.

I suppose your right... this is something important! :)

Edited by razorfish

Man, you guys are harsh. Take it easy on the new guy.

Jonb is lying. Master Yoda doesn't teach blaster technique. It is not the way of a Jedi. Besides, these are not the droids you're looking for.......

Edited by 3djedi

I don't know about all of these fancy gloves for drawing faster, but I have a Double Alpha magnet on my belt. Today I got stuck to Mosher's truck, Last time I went to a match in Poplarville I got stuck to the Texas Star while re-setting the plates. I can only imagine a rare earth magnet set of gloves.