Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DK Custom Trigger or TTI Trigger set up for G34

shtr3

I have a new G34, Gen 3 that I picked up for my 11 year old daughter to start shooting steel and USPSA. I will be shooting it as well as I train with her before we do our first competition. Which of these 2 triggers do you like and have had best results with? Thanks for responses ahead of time.

Ric

A lot of shooters like the DK, what you are getting is a whole new trigger set up, with adjustable over travel and take up, a polished trigger bar and connector, and some lightened springs. I believe this will set you back about a 100 bucks. The TTI, is a connector with a special coating, you will get some striker springs, a trigger pin, and a heavier trigger spring, for about 50.00 bucks. I have tried both, and quite a few of the other trigger kits out there. I am presently running the TTI, I like the rolling trigger feel. It's all a matter of what type of trigger you like and how much you are willing to spend to get it.

In my 34, I have the ZEV Tech Standard Trigger Kit legal for USPSA Production and IDPA SSP with the Comp pre travel. My brother inlaw has the TTI, it is also a great trigger, but after comparing the two I ordered another ZEV for my 35.

I have shot the DK also, they are all great triggers and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. The reason I will stick with ZEV components is the additional parts they offer. They have been tested and all work well together as a system. I have seen too many people mix and match springs, trigger bars and firing pins and have issues. I did not want to go down that road, it may cost me a bit more, but I have peace of mind my pistols will perform as expected.

Good luck

I have a DK basic kit waiting to be installed if my G34 ever comes in.

Review to follow.

So I picked up my G34 yesterday and installed TTI sights, DK basic kit trigger, and Jager steel guiderod with 13# ISMI spring.

I like this trigger. I installed it without messing with any of the settings. I used the 4.5# striker spring in lieu of the 4# for the sake of reliability.

It has about half the takeup of the factory trigger and is about half as heavy (pull) as the factory trigger with 5.5 connector. There is a definite "wall" before breaking point, which I like. It's a little spongy if you very slowly stage the trigger, but if you're moving quickly the sponge disappears and pull becomes silky smooth. Break is clean with short and strong reset. I didn't test any splits yet, but I can only envision them improving with this trigger.

It's a distinctively "Glockish" trigger, with all the trademark characteristics- just better. Loads better. You won't have to relearn anything.

I'm pleased with the purchase, and feel it was a good value for what I got.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new G34, Gen 3 that I picked up for my 11 year old daughter to start shooting steel and USPSA. I will be shooting it as well as I train with her before we do our first competition. Which of these 2 triggers do you like and have had best results with? Thanks for responses ahead of time.

Ric

Ric,

I see you have the NIB G34 for sale FTF on a local gun forum saying you were going a different route. What route/pistol?

I picked up a brand new glock 34 gen 4. I put a dk custom kit with 4lb striker spring installed, tti sights, ISMI 13lb spring, jager steel captured guide rod. Wiped it down with fire clean before taking it out and fired 150 flawless rounds of 124gr freedom munitions new rn ammo.

It's a great shooter. This is my only experience with aftermarket glock triggers. But I'm familiar with nice 1911 and AR triggers. Despite all my dry firing with the dk trigger prior to the range, the first shot surprised me and it was a bullseye at 15 yards. Needless to say I'm happy. It's not a 1911 trigger but it's an incredibly sweet glock trigger...

I picked up a brand new glock 34 gen 4. I put a dk custom kit with 4lb striker spring installed, tti sights, ISMI 13lb spring, jager steel captured guide rod. Wiped it down with fire clean before taking it out and fired 150 flawless rounds of 124gr freedom munitions new rn ammo.

It's a great shooter. This is my only experience with aftermarket glock triggers. But I'm familiar with nice 1911 and AR triggers. Despite all my dry firing with the dk trigger prior to the range, the first shot surprised me and it was a bullseye at 15 yards. Needless to say I'm happy. It's not a 1911 trigger but it's an incredibly sweet glock trigger...

You need to get a Jager firing pin to complete that package.

Glad you like it BTW

And that means what? Get what you pay for?

He got the kit that comes with the customized and polished striker.

I did not look the kit up and thought he was running the stock firing pin rather than one than had been enhanced.

I would change the 4.0# spring out on a regular basis to avoid light strikes or go with the 4.5# spring unless he uses all Federal primers.