Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington Versa Max rear sight.

Ron

After this weekends match at the PRO AM @ the Rock, I have come to realize I am seriously in need of a rear sight for my Remington Versa Max for shooting SLUGS!!! If anyone has any ideas from what they have used on there own Versa Max with great success, please let me know?

Thanks

Just curious, how does having the rear sight there effect the sight picture with the bead?

That was mine concern as well, I was really hesitant to have it done because of that. It dosent affect it at all, when I am shooting steel or clays i dont even notice the rear sight.

Nearly ran a local 5 stand (24/25) yesterday with my M2 with front and rear pistol sights.

I was talking to Clint Upchurch about that "pistol front and rear sights'. But I just got done shooting and wasn't in the mind frame of listening and it totally went in one ear and out the next. I am going to look into that also. Thank You!

Just curious, how does having the rear sight there effect the sight picture with the bead?

That was mine concern as well, I was really hesitant to have it done because of that. It dosent affect it at all, when I am shooting steel or clays i dont even notice the rear sight.

Nice, good to know. Might have to send mine off for one as well. Thanks for the info.

I have the Versamax Competition with the rear sight and I am contemplating taking it off. Even with the lowest rear sight it does seem to get in the way for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this at a local match this weekend and this is what im gonna do i think

Ruger 10 22 flip up rear sight

guy had it dovetailed in at the back of the rib on the dip

kept it down during ing stages with no slugs then flipped it up

I know there are many opt's out there but I've tried hi viz and tru glo and the tru glo dual bead front & adj rear set is the best option for me. I like and dislike some things about both brands but the tru glo rear is adjustable elev & windage and is the smallest. I suggest using clear epoxy around the whole fiber optic section on the front & rear just to give it a little less risk of fibers breaking & falling out/off or if your gun hits a prop during recoil/dumping and slotted screws instead of the tiny allen/hex screw heads for the rear sight avail at most hw stores (always seem to strip the hex tool insert). I also use JB weld under the front sight since the little trough around the rib is not exact fitting. Here's what they look like on my setup.

TRU•BEAD™ TURKEY UNIVERSAL DUAL•COLOR

• SKU: TG950XD

post-23762-0-77419500-1410101598_thumb.j

post-23762-0-25391700-1410101607_thumb.j

I put a ghost ring on my son's VM Tactical recently - really easy with off the shelf parts. He drills slug targets now. I'll write something up with a few photos when I have a moment, and then post a link here.

I just posted step-by-step instructions in a new thread. Enjoy :devil:

VMTacGhostRingSightSetup_zps20336f2a.jpg

Edited by StealthyBlagga

When I first got my VMT I didn't like the picatinny rail on and put it aside. My gun has the FO front Hi Viz front. I messed around with the plates and got the stock adjusted to my fit and recently put the rail back on. To my surprise, the channel in the rail lines up well and I got good slug hits the last time out. I'll shoot more SG matches this winter and see where I go from there.