Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power in the US: best time to purchase?

The compressed spring length is 1.21" And another user measured the 3 springs at 9.5lb, 11.5lb, and 15 lb.

I have a pile of beretta, cz, and 1911 recoil springs waiting at my dealer for me to trim down then measure weight at compressed length this weekend to find an easier replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sir, are a badass. Thank you!

I cant wait to hear your findings. I am a little surprised that the "light" spring is rated at 9.5 lbs, it doesnt feel that light but, it certainly functions well at that poundage rating.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where can you buy the light spring?

I spoke with Matt at eagle imports this morning and he is in contact with the factory to get the poundage rating on the spring they DO have in stock for the xcal.

When he gets back to me i will relay the info.

Edited by Magsz

Awesome pistol!!! I own a Accu-shadow, sp-01 czc, shadow, stock 1, stock 3, and Limited. My x- calibur and my modified Limited are my favorite.

X-calibur shoots flatter and softer than all my CZ's. X shoots a lot like my Limited but half the weight. I could see X-calibur becoming like the stock 2, hard to find and expensive.

Just picked up and shot my new xcal today. What a nice pistol, very accurate and recoil control is impressive. I have had them all; currently have custom open 2011 and HK VP9. Excellent quality, nice slide to frame fit. Being 2011 guy I really like the safety. I had a STI GP6 long ago and always regretted selling it- so nice to have GP again. Agree what everyone is saying about this pistol. Also, what a value, custom machining- excellent trigger- very accurate for 890 out the door. Now I need Kingman's holster btw I really like the one he made for my HK VP9.

Anybody know if the Grand Power pistols have enough meat on the slide to have it milled and get an optic mounted?

You're going to have to get creative with your mount. The slide is tri-topped so there is very little steel up there.

We do make a slide cut for the Shield RMR for the UK with our K22 LBP. If the whispers become a scream, a factory 9mm slide could happen, but I doubt any time soon. There is also a company in the UK that fabricates an adapter to replace the adjustable rear sight.

We do make a slide cut for the Shield RMR for the UK with our K22 LBP. If the whispers become a scream, a factory 9mm slide could happen, but I doubt any time soon. There is also a company in the UK that fabricates an adapter to replace the adjustable rear sight.

Production Optics!!!!

Or is it now called Carry Optics

Edited by zhunter

What holsters are you guys using for the x cal? Ive been looking at the DAA but the x cal model is not available through Max's choice.

I picked up a Safarland 578 locally (578-683-411) and had to trim a corner to get it to fit with the extended paddle deal in single action. If you use the normal safety it would probably work as is.

I'll know how well it really works tomorrow.

What holsters are you guys using for the x cal? Ive been looking at the DAA but the x cal model is not available through Max's choice.

I picked up a Safarland 578 locally (578-683-411) and had to trim a corner to get it to fit with the extended paddle deal in single action. If you use the normal safety it would probably work as is.

I'll know how well it really works tomorrow.

thanks

Try Kingman if you're in USA or ping Canuck223 if you're in Canada, they'll sort you out.

Edited by Stan-O

Try Kingman if you're in USA or ping Canuck223 if you're in Canada, they'll sort you out.

I agree that Kingman's holsters are professional quality. I use one for my X-Calibur in competition, it also works with my P1 when I shoot IDPA with it.