Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power in the US: best time to purchase?

Hey guys! I've been tempted by the Grand Power lineup of pistols for a long time and I think I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on one. My question is - is now a smart time to buy? I seem to see a lot of rumblings lately about Grand Power switching to a new importer, potentially beginning importation of the new Mk12 frame style, etc. etc. Would it be best to wait for these new models, and will I be able to get parts/service if I choose to buy one of the remaining Century-imported guns instead?

Thanks for any advice or insight you can offer!

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Canuck would be able to provide you with the most information on Grand Power, but they are holding their cards close to the vest right now as far as the new distributor. I would say it depends on what pistol you are after as to if it is a good time to purchase. I am trying patiently to wait for the X-Calibur myself, but if a K100 is what you are after, unless you want the new Mk12 take-down levers, I do not think there is an issue. My K100 has been flawless and I would not think twice about purchasing another Grand Power product. While Century has not had the greatest support for the pistols, I cannot speak highly enough for the factory and the employees themselves in regards to getting support and parts for the pistols.

Edited by Pseudonym

Considering the forum we're on, if you intend to shoot it in USPSA Production *now* you may be better off getting the Mk7 gun (the Target model) if it's available -- last time I checked even the Mk12 K100 models were not on the USPSA Production list.

Considering the forum we're on, if you intend to shoot it in USPSA Production *now* you may be better off getting the Mk7 gun (the Target model) if it's available -- last time I checked even the Mk12 K100 models were not on the USPSA Production list.

Which would not be a problem for a local match.

• 1 month later...

My holster and mag pouches took about 8 to 9 weeks to reach my front door. Pavel was running behind on orders at that time, and did state on the website that it would take 8 weeks to reach the states. You could always send him an e-mail, he has always responded in a short time.

I got an email from Blade Tech telling me they have nothing at this time for the X-Calibur.

I will be left with no option but to jerry rig my GP6 holster and wrap around a piece of leather or plastic to comply with the Production rules.

At least it should make a nice conversation starter at matches.

The magazines are the same as on the CZ and this is a source for extra mags, if you need more, or these guys: http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000CB3-1388518164

When the X-Calibur is available and you want to race it, you're going to be asking "Where do I buy extra magazines?"

I have already ordered by LHS, I will see how long it takes.

The first non-industry owned X-Calibur in the US arrived at it's new home this afternoon. While it may be a while before we can get it on the USPSA Production list, its no problem if you want to shoot Limited Minor. The importer is bringing in plenty of the standard capacity magazines, as well as the 20 and 26 round magazines.

As for LHS, I'm still waiting for several thousand dollars worth of Kydex I paid for in April. Good luck.

I also had a very bad experience with lhs. Lots of delay in getting my product and much dishonesty along the way. And once I got the holster, for performance reasons, I threw it in the bin with the rest of the junk I've bought that didn't work out.

David, that's a bummer about LHS, I was going to see if I can get Mk12-compatible spacers for my old (made for Mk7) holster thru you. :(

If it helps any, I can drive over to Blade-Tech with Mk12 X-Cal -- I really need something for IDPA, even considering asking my buddy to make me a custom Kydex holster.

And just to confirm -- the CR Speed mag pouches with the CZ inserts work just fine for all generations of the GP magazines I have.