Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power in the US: best time to purchase?

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question.

Do all of the new production grand power guns come with the serrated, plastic trigger? I am getting some trigger bite from the curvature of trigger and i figured perhaps i could swap in an older, non serrated metal trigger into my xcal?

Does anyone have any insight into what is currently produced for these guns trigger wise?

Question.

Do all of the new production grand power guns come with the serrated, plastic trigger? I am getting some trigger bite from the curvature of trigger and i figured perhaps i could swap in an older, non serrated metal trigger into my xcal?

Does anyone have any insight into what is currently produced for these guns trigger wise?

No the trigger on y X-Caliburs is smooth and curved.

How old are your guns?

My xcal has the serrated, hollowed out plastic trigger.

Looking at the GP usa website, all of the guns pictured have this trigger so im wondering if this is the new "standard" for all of the guns being imported?

Slovakian army doesn't use GP guns.

It's in the works from what I read and if Google Translate did a good job.

Slovakian army doesn't use GP guns.

It's in the works from what I read and if Google Translate did a good job.

Don't beleive everything you read on internet. Lol

It's politics , just like everywhere else. Multimillion dollar or euro contract doesn't go to best weapon. It goes to best salesman. Lol

How old are your guns?

My xcal has the serrated, hollowed out plastic trigger.

Looking at the GP usa website, all of the guns pictured have this trigger so im wondering if this is the new "standard" for all of the guns being imported?

I stand corrected, my triggers have vertical serrations.

Question.

When I ordered my X-Cal, the new serrated trigger (and sport safety levers) was an upgrade, so I believe I still have the stock parts. I can assure you, the new trigger is better. Although I can't remember if the stock trigger I have would be metal or plastic.

Any chance you're going to Production Nationals this year? I can bring the stock trigger there so you can try it (ideally on your backup gun).

• 1 month later...

I finally got the chance to handle an X-cal in person. Unfortunately I was extremely impressed with it. Now I have a k100 mk7 on the way so I can get a good feel for the platform to see if I want to switch to it.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear in my post. I know the k100 is not an x-cal, and that I am comparing last year's VW to this year's Porsche. My intent isn't to get a k100 and just call it close enough to x-cal. This isn't for competition and I won't shoot it as such (except IDPA because that's when I get to try new things). To use your car analogy, it's more like borrowing your buddies old Honda Civic to see if you like driving a manual transmission before you decide to drop more money on a sports car. At the prices the current Mk7s are going for I have wanted to try one for a while.

I would like to know some of the ergonomic differences between the old k100 and the mk12 x-cals. Are there any differences in the size or shape of the magazine wells? Grip differences? Other differences in the way the gun feels (outside of recoil)? I know the x-cal comes with an extended mag release and both the wide/thin safeties. The trigger guard cut looks a bit different as well.

The grip is slightly higher in relationship to the bore axis, The frame is stronger because of the different take down mechanism. ( while it's stronger the old one took 100K rounds of NATO 9mm and held fine)

I totally understand now, i just didn't want you to judge the whole line. by an old model. with some differences.

Until i correctly sprung my K trim, it had a lot more recoil than I had been lead to believe.

I really wish i had picked up a K100 or p1 mk7 when they were at the super low price of 300, Heck I kind of wish i had bought 2 of those and then a Mk 12 X-Cal. lol. I'm eyeing the P40 pretty hard right now.

P40 long slide. A few months. It will potentially be a true limited contender.

That should be nice. Or maybe a competition-oriented model a la X-Calibur, with scalloped / ported slide and all the accoutrement.

While the long slide is cool, and ultimately what I would want to run in limited, I think the standard P40 with an extended magazine release would do petty good in limited, I see a lot of other guns out there beign shot in limited that are not 5" or greater guns... there are a Lot of glock 22's, and M&P's in standard length that shoot well in limited.

The grip is slightly higher in relationship to the bore axis, The frame is stronger because of the different take down mechanism. ( while it's stronger the old one took 100K rounds of NATO 9mm and held fine)

I totally understand now, i just didn't want you to judge the whole line. by an old model. with some differences.

Until i correctly sprung my K trim, it had a lot more recoil than I had been lead to believe.

I really wish i had picked up a K100 or p1 mk7 when they were at the super low price of 300, Heck I kind of wish i had bought 2 of those and then a Mk 12 X-Cal. lol. I'm eyeing the P40 pretty hard right now.

Kygunco has the k100 mk7 for $337. When you factor in that JG charged $30 to ship the gun and kygunco is free shipping its only $7 more expensive than they were before.

ETA - With that extra mag it's actually $13 cheaper. Whee.

Edited by JRM83

Kygunco has the k100 mk7 for $337. When you factor in that JG charged $30 to ship the gun and kygunco is free shipping its only $7 more expensive than they were before.

The K100 I have was bought from there a couple weeks ago, its under Century Arms on their website. Great deal plus the gun comes with 2 mags.