Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 X-Treme Bullets Texas 3 Gun Championship at Copperhead Creek

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lodging is very hard to get so I have blocked out some rooms at the following hotels listed from highest to lowest price:

Hampton Inn 830-798-1895 10 Queens doubles & 1 King

Holiday Inn 830-693-7531 2 Kings & 2 doubles reserved

Quality Inn 830-693-7531 4 single Kings

Best Western 830-693-5122 2 Queens

Motel 6 830-265-6565 10 doubles

All are in the name of Copperhead Creek Shooting Club and have discounts if you mention us and tell them your wanting one of our reserved rooms. Please send me your name and confirmation number so I can remove it from my list. Hope to see you soon shooting your best ever.

Thomas@copperheadclub.com

The phone numbers listed for the Holiday Inn and the Quality Inn are the same.

Will we be permitted to drive our vehicles to each stage. If not will a gas powered EZGO with jacked up suspension and off road tires be permitted, or even practical.

Usually it's a yes & no. The field stages you can drive to, but the ones in the tactical bays, there is a parking area and a short walk with a cart. You can drive UTV's up to the tactical bays, just no cars and trucks.

Will we be permitted to drive our vehicles to each stage. If not will a gas powered EZGO with jacked up suspension and off road tires be permitted, or even practical.

Usually it's a yes & no. The field stages you can drive to, but the ones in the tactical bays, there is a parking area and a short walk with a cart. You can drive UTV's up to the tactical bays, just no cars and trucks.

This is about right. We will have a few different transportation things going on.

For the tac bays there will be central parking where you park and take your stuff to the bay (not too far, but a cart will be helpful). 3 of the stages you will be able to drive right too. And 3 stages will be park and we will be running multiple tractors with trailer behind them ferrying people to some awesome open terrain.

Hope this helps. If you have a jacked up EZGO you should probably be fine. An actual UTV will be in great shape.

Thanks Kurt, I think I'll bring it. Maybe someone in my squad can benefit form it too.

Did squading take place already or are you going to surprise us.

Squadding is being done based upon the squad requests you put on your application and the shooting schedule you selected.

We are getting closer and closer to the match, so I wanted to give y'all some reminders.

1. You cannot drive to all of the bays. You park 50-100ish yards from the tac bays and there will be transportation from a central parking location (on flatbed trailers behind a tractor) for 3 of the open terrain stages. This means you will probably want a buggy or wagon of some sort if available and at least a soft case for your long guns and a pack to haul other stuff with you. If you have an ATV/UTV/Off road capable golf cart then by all means bring it along.

2. There will be at least one big shotgun stage (40ish rounds) so be prepared to feed your shotgun a lot. If nothing else we will make sure there are a couple skeet/trap style pouches at those stages for you to put shells in.

3. Bring spinner killers if you have them, if you don't I bet the pro shop at the range might have some.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or email me at kurt@3gunchampionship.com

See you on the range.

Will there be a "regular" monthly 3-gun match at Copperhead during March? I'd like to get up there and see the facility before the big event.

Don't they normally hold their monthly 3-gun match on the 2nd Saturday?

TIA,

Tommy

3. Bring spinner killers if you have them, if you don't I bet the pro shop at the range might have some.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or email me at kurt@3gunchampionship.com

See you on the range.

Can spinner killers be buckshot?

See you on the range.

Can someone define 'spinner killers'? I am not sure what that means.

See you on the range.

Can someone define 'spinner killers'? I am not sure what that means.
Usually loads designed for pheasants or turkey. Largest shot size allowed by rules, usually #6 or #4. Pick one with a heavy shot load and high velocity. It'll kick but if you'll only need one or two shells to spin it.

No buckshot on the spinner. Birdshot only.

From the rules:

3.3.1 Birdshot must be no larger than #6 birdshot and be made from lead or bismuth only. Iron/steel/tungsten birdshot is unsafe and prohibited.

That said. Any shotgun ammo will spin a spinner at the range it will be set at (inside 15 yards)

Heavier rounds such as 3" #6 Flight Control Turkey loads (http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Federal-Premium-Mag-Shok-Turkey-Load-12-Ga-3-1-3/4-oz-6&i=764179&r=view&from=grid) or Prairie Fire (http://www.federalpremium.com/products/details/shotshell.aspx?id=903) will spin it faster and eaiser.

Hope that helps those who are uninitiated with the spinner.. Wish someone had done that for me the first time I saw one.. :)

Word to the wise...DO NOT bring or borrow Turkey or Prairie Storm loads unless you have ensured they work in your gun prior. OTOH, if your buddy is beating you, you might offer to loan one to them. :devil:

Word to the wise...DO NOT bring or borrow Turkey or Prairie Storm loads unless you have ensured they work in your gun prior. OTOH, if your buddy is beating you, you might offer to loan one to them. :devil:

Very good advice!

Very good advice!

Those 3" #6 shells look pretty stout. Have you seen examples where they would not cycle a semi-auto shotgun? I would think they would work better than low brass cheap shells but you just pay with your wallet and shoulder.