Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being sent to NJ for work "Indefinitely"....

So, I'm being sent to NJ (Toms River area) to work "indefinitely" next week....is there any any reason I should even consider taking my Production rig with me? I do not have 10 round mags (19 round CZ mags), nor an I willing to purchase any....I could take my SS rig, but again, is it worth it?

Leave your " hi - cap assault cop killing " magazines in florida, aka: anything over 15 rounds.

You cannot legally purchase ammo at a store unless you posses a NJ FID card, you need to be a resident of the state, apply through your local township, and wait 3 months to a year.

Old bridge rifle and pistol clubs runs uspsa and steel challenge matches, as well at CJRPC Central Jersey Rifle Pistol club, in jackson nj. There is typically something going on every sunday at either club.

Bring the SS rig... and ammo

edit: also, no CCW here, so I wouldn't bother bringing that either if you are used to carrying in FL

Edited by alecmc

Rick88, who said I was moving? Indefinitely means they will keep me there a max of 7 weeks then send me home for a week, then back up there....

Well that sounds better, nice place to visit but you wouldnt want to live there type thing. I took indefinitely to mean indefinitely not just just 7 weeks.. :-)

Bring your SS rig, bring ammo, come on out and shoot. Amusingly you can't buy handgun ammo locally without an FID, but you can order it online from a number of places and have it delivered.

Edited by Vlad

Leave your " hi - cap assault cop killing " magazines in florida, aka: anything over 15 rounds.

You cannot legally purchase ammo at a store unless you posses a NJ FID card, you need to be a resident of the state, apply through your local township, and wait 3 months to a year.

Old bridge rifle and pistol clubs runs uspsa and steel challenge matches, as well at CJRPC Central Jersey Rifle Pistol club, in jackson nj. There is typically something going on every sunday at either club.

Bring the SS rig... and ammo

edit: also, no CCW here, so I wouldn't bother bringing that either if you are used to carrying in FL

Wow!

Got my FPID in 6 months...it takes 2 months to get a pistol purchase permit. Welcome to the People's Republic of NJ.

If you're in Central NJ, there's a USPSA match within an hours drive every weekend. ;)

Boss just called...change of plans...instead of Toms River, NJ, they are now sending me to Philadelphia. ...so, what do I need to know about Philly gun laws...and are there any matches nearby?

There are pistol matches (USPSA or IDPA) within 1 hours drive every weekend in the summer and fall. Multi-gun matches are problem 2-3 hours away. Just about anything goes for Philly gun laws. No open carry in Philadelphia (or it's frowned upon), but I'm not a fan of it anyways.

Just remember, our attorney general closed the "Florida Loophole" which means if you are a PA resident and don't have a PA carry permit but have a Florida permit, the FL permit would not be honored. You are a FL resident so this won't be a problem. My definition of a loophole means everyone is doing it, but the percentage with a FL permit without a PA permit was extremely small vs the 700,000 plus PA permits.

I live in Center City/University City area so if you have any questions just ask.

Lots of good matches in the Philly area. Gun laws are good in PA, especially compared to NJ. I can't believe anyone on here was suggesting it would be OK to fly into NJ with your gun. That is a terrible idea.