Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Bullets, anyone used these? Polyer coated lead cast bullets. Lead

hartzpad

All of the various coated or plated bullets come closest to loads developed for lead bullets. I would look up a lead 147 load and start there. Probably go with the WSF with these as I would think the smoke would be much less than the TG

I've shot a dump truck load of them. Shot some of the smallest groups ever with those new 147 9mm bullets like the one you have. Great bullets and great people to deal with. Can't help on the TiteGroup. Be careful not to over crimp and you will love them.

I love the new 147 round nose.

32RedDot2_zpsa74c4574.jpg

30grRedDot_zpsa29e1ce3.jpg

I'm not even through my first thousand yet. And I haven't tried some of the "good" powders, I only bought the Red Dot because it was the only thing in stock at the time.

Edited by AJE

I just shot some of my 125g sample pack today through a chrono but with CFE powder. I'll have to load some more with some of my other powders like N320 or W231 or AA#2. I may have to also try the 147g sample pack as well, I have stuck to the middle weight bullets for now but should also try some of the 147s.

I'm also a fan of the Blue bullets. I've loaded both the 125's and 147's but have been using up my Solo 1000, almost no smoke and great accuracy.

No help on the TG or WSF load.

I think you will be happy with their product. I started in 9mm and now I'm shooting 45, 40 and 38 with them. Most of my friends and coworkers that I've dropped off "samples" to are shooting them now as well. The owners are humble and hard working. They shoot a lot of their own product and get feedback from the shooting community at matches and such.

I'll start with 5 rds of 3.0 gr TG, increasing by 0.2 gr up to 3.6 gr, You have to figure out the OAL with your barrel. Mine is around 28 mm for a CZ 85C/75 SP01 Shadowline. Same load using W231 and Bullseye (extremely smoky)

I've used these and the Bayou Bullets. Bayou is marginally cheaper. Blue Bullets packs theirs much better, and tend to "smurf" your finger after a couple hundred rounds loaded. Aside from that, it really just comes down to how they work out with your gun. If you run a CZ, you have to load these REALLY short (1.080-1.090). With my CZ-75, I can load the Bayou 125g bullet, and any of the Berry's RN bullets, to 1.150 just fine, so I've stuck with those for that reason only.

If OAL isn't an issue for you, then the only significant difference between Blue Bullets and Bayou is which is easier to get.

As for loading, just take whatever works with plated bullets and drop 0.2-0.3 grains to get the same PF.

I tried them,left lot of Blue color on my hands after loading.I got more smoke from them than bayou and bbi.I like Billy"s and Bayou better..but hey thats just me..