Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NorCal Golden Bullet Championship 2005

UDATE:

The Golden Bullet Match has been moved to the last weekend of July, the 30th and 31st for regular competitors. The RO's will shoot for score on Friday the 29th.

Come on down, folks! It will be a great match!

Kevin C.

:D The 2005 Golden Bullet will be held at the Richmond Rod & Gun Club again this year, hosted by the Richmond Hotshots and neighboring clubs.

As Kevin said, the dates for the Golden Bullet this year will be the 29th, 30th, and the 31st of July. Match officials and staff will shoot on Friday the 29th for score, and all other competitors will shoot the match all day Saturday the 30th and half day Sunday the 31st.

This is an open squad match, and will consist of 8 stages plus chrono, approx. 200 rds.

Cash payouts, Level 3 status has been applied for.

All the information and Entry forms are posted on the Richmond Hotshots web site.

INFORMATION

ENTRY FORM

We have a full RO staff at this time...

Feel free to contact me with any further questions. ;)

Adam Anderson

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just received e-mail from Match MD and here's the update.

Match is more than 60% full. For those who want to sign up, you better hurry up!

According to my inside info, Taran Butler and some tough folks from AZ will be coming too.

I wish to see my squad-mates from "Infinity stock gun challenge" coming too! :)

Just a clarification from the MD:

It looks likely that the match will sell out, so get your entries in, folks. It is too late to get match shirts/caps (they were preordered), but there is no cut off date for match applications.

There's a bit of confusion about fees, cut off dates and refunds. A couple quick answers. If you find out after the posted deadline that you can't make the match, you might still get your money back if somebody else calls wanting a slot. The closer to match day it is, the more likely that you'll get hit with the $125 late entry fee (expect it if you walk in on match day, also be prepared to be told you can keep your money because the match is sold out). Bottom line, call or email Steve Mullins, the MD, at 415 647 1876, or tiamatsf@pacbell.net, if you can't get your application in by July 15th, or for any other questions about entries.

Kevin C.

• 4 weeks later...

Great job by the Richmond Hot Shots and Mully the M.D. Very smooth running, and 122 shooters is nothing to sneeze at.

Congrats to K.C. and Taran (Open and Limited winners, respectively).

Kudos to kevin c and Pete for their exceptionally good stages. Kevin's stage turned out great in spite of all the worry that went into it in dealing with the prop. (See his topic elsewhere.)

I gotta mention BBQ, whose front sight blade broke in half. (I'm surprised he even noticed! Musta been between stages, the only time he looks at his sights.) Welcome to an exclusive club. Anybody can break a Bo-Mar, but it takes a real man to break a front sight blade.

Great match... The match organizers ran a super smooth operation.

Neat getting to meet a world class IPSC shooter for the first time (taran). Next time I'll put on a be forums nametag so people will know who I am.

Darn some of those evil swingers and the disappearing target on 8 with only one flash.

atek3 aka Brent (the C-shooter w/ the XD)

Thanks to everyone that came to the match and for supporting our sport in the Northern California Section. There was a lot of effort put into this match by many people. What makes it worth it in my mind is that the shooters that attended went away with a great experience, especially those that took the time, effort, and money to drive 3 to 6 to 8+ hours to attend ... thank you all. I hope you enjoyed the match as much as we enjoyed having you.

the disappearing target on 8 with only one flash. 

:)

I gotta mention BBQ, whose front sight blade broke in half. (I'm surprised he even noticed! Musta been between stages, the only time he looks at his sights.) Welcome to an exclusive club. Anybody can break a Bo-Mar, but it takes a real man to break a front sight blade.

I notice my optic is gone during the stage. My red dot become a white dot. I still got something up front but the shape and color doesn't look right.

Just find out today. Not only my front sight broke 2 1/2 stages to go, my SV bridge face broke too. It cost me 3 james in 3 different stages. When I look at my clear jam skills on the tape, it cost me 4-6 seconds per stage. Those jam were empty case ejecting half way & empty case stay in chamber. :(

Looks like I need to work on the "jam clearing" skills! Any drill for this!

Oh you broke a fiber optic, not a blade? Well in that case, you deserved it! :P

The blade did break! When I am shotting (looking from the rear blade), all I see is the white hole in the front post.

When you look from the top of the slide, half the front blade length is gone.

I just want to say that we had a lot of really friendly competitors come through our stage (Stage 7). Actually Kevin C and I CRO'ed Stages 6 and 7. Kevin was great to work with, and the way we shot it was a competitor on stage 7, then stage 6, then go score and reset. It went really smoothly.

It wasa real treat to see KC and Taran rip through both stage 6 and 7. Very smooth and deliberate, fast but in total control. They both helped out and were courteous, as were most if not all the shooters who came through. I don't think I had too many shooters who had to wait too long. I think there may have been a few shooters who had to wait for a second walk through before shooting, but it wasn't that many.

I didn't really get to see any action at the other stages, but I can say that our little section of the match went pretty well.

Thanks for coming out and making the match a success! :)

Vince

Man, had I known that KC "the KC eusabio that beat miculek in the 2003 Steel Challenge" Eusabio was shooting the match I would have loved to watch him shoot... anyone got a video?

thanks,

atek3

Geeez, you guys! There are many class champs here. Why don't you tell us eh? :D

It was fun. And thanks for giving Kevin for whatever the "your dedication is very appreciated" awards. How he handle MD job and so many hours at range is beyond my brain....