WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hogodon hs-6 is the best powder I can get for pistol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popular for guns with comps.
I will load for minor first then move to major since I have an STi Trubor

HS6 is excellent for TruBor 9mm major - not bad for minor also,

iff you keep the velocity up a bit (PF 145 +).

Hogodon hs-6 is the best powder I can get for pistol?

Popular for guns with comps.
I will load for minor first then move to major since I have an STi Trubor

HS6 is excellent for TruBor 9mm major - not bad for minor also,

iff you keep the velocity up a bit (PF 145 +).

IFF I can find them in stock anywhere :angry2:

Just got back from local gun show. Lots of rifle powder available.

I scored some titegroup, n320, and WST.

PLUS they had plenty of 7625, hs6, silloute, wsf, even some 3n37!

Do you think you can help us to buy some and ship?

Anyone have news on how Hodgdon's supplier is doing with the repairs after the fire? I'm sitting in a factory that went from the ground breaking ceremony to shipping product in less than a year. I'm sure a fire in a powder factory has got to be about the worst thing (short of a nuclear meltdown) that can happen, and they are probably engineering it so that it doesn't happen again, but it seems like it's taking a long time.... Just Sayin....

It would be nice to hear that things are on track to get back to normal. although I've never experienced normal since I've only been reloading for a little more than a year now. :unsure:

Just to follow up on my post from October.... I'm beginning to lose faith in the free market system. I really wish someone with real first hand knowledge would give us the lowdown on what's going on. Maybe the president of Powder Valley....

I just sent the following to Powder Valley:

It would be nice for the president of PV do an interview to give us Pistol competition shooters an update on what's going on in the powder world. I've been shooting for almost 2 years and have never been able to get the reloading supplies I want, when I want it. It's downright un american! :) But seriously... The president of Hodgdon gave an interview and answered questions last year, and I really appreciated the response. I think it would only be appropriate for the leader of the best powder dealer in country to do likewise. Thanks

Let's see what they have to say. Maybe it will be something like "We get it, we sell it. Let us know if you find a better deal".

Anyone have news on how Hodgdon's supplier is doing with the repairs after the fire? I'm sitting in a factory that went from the ground breaking ceremony to shipping product in less than a year. I'm sure a fire in a powder factory has got to be about the worst thing (short of a nuclear meltdown) that can happen, and they are probably engineering it so that it doesn't happen again, but it seems like it's taking a long time.... Just Sayin....

It would be nice to hear that things are on track to get back to normal. although I've never experienced normal since I've only been reloading for a little more than a year now. :unsure:

Just to follow up on my post from October.... I'm beginning to lose faith in the free market system. I really wish someone with real first hand knowledge would give us the lowdown on what's going on. Maybe the president of Powder Valley....

This is just my opinion, as humble as it is. People are still hoarding and buying in bulk. Many are still buying in bulk and flipping the sales at 2-3 times the price.

But have faith, things are improving drastically. I figure by the end of this year, the crisis will be over. I just bought 9 pounds of Titegroup from Natchez at a reasonable price and now have powder for quite a while, maybe 2 years. Just keep looking and check out gunbot.net reloading page, where I found the powder I was looking for.

Some friends are getting into reloading now and powders are just coming in for them. They are happy to know that the worst is over.