Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

See All Open Sight?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is it legal or not for Tac Ops/ Tactical class? I was interested in using it in place of other 45 degree iron sights like Dueck sights? A representative of the company told me that it was approved by the NSSF for use in iron sight class.

It is approved for limited class in NSSF rimfire. That being said......you can not see the target thru the optic, it is above the optic. We played with one here in the shop......no way was it faster than a red dot and and it was questionable as to whether or not it was a fast as iron sights.

I'm thinking that USPSA will probably call it an optic sight......as for the 3 gun matches out there, it will be probably be up to the organizer......if i was the organizer (MD).....I'd call it limited class. Other MD's may call it an optic....and then you are in a pickle. I think there are better, faster options out there for limited division.

I'm sure they have a purpose.......we just have not determined what it is yet. They are rather 'interesting'.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

As an optics company representative, I want to clear something up.

Reticle is pronounced in any of the following ways (or so people must think).

1. Reck-tackle

2. Reti-cool

3. Reck-tal

But never as it is it is written, which would simply be "reticle"

:)

If you are looking through a piece of glass or plastic it's an optic.

Then anyone wearing glasses should be bumped to open.

I was going to make a witty reply to this but the statement is just too silly to bother.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.