Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titanium Carbo-Nitride (TiCN) coating on 2011

Maxximuss

We should ask STI if they know of a temperature limitation on their slides.

I have been thinking this same thing and I meant to call them today but forgot :(

Spoke with STI's service depart today and they said the 850 degree heat shouldn't be hot enough to effect anything.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone asked about more pictures of TiCN. It seems like most companies color is slightly different. This company's color looks closest to Calico Coating, http://www.richterprecision.com/pvd-coatings.html (halfway down on the right). Some companies have more a gray look and others more purple, I am not entirely sure of the reason for this.

I don't have a second batch planned yet. Just plan on being ready to send it out the middle of April to Calico. Sometimes it tough to know exactly who is in until the last minute. As it gets closer, stay in contact with me so I can account for who is in.

Here is the updated standing of batch #1. I will try and figure batch two as we get interest. PM me and we will figure out details.

Iceman, are you wanting to do two guns or just one?

Batch #1:

Maxximuss STI 2011

Jay's Camerons Custom

Waktasz

Iceman2733

• 2 weeks later...

We are waiting on either Iceman or a 4th gun to go into the batch. We are all ready to send them off but don't want them waiting in queue at Calico. If anyone wants in to be the fourth gun coated speak now or forever (or second batch) hold your peace. The price is $162.50 plus $25 if you need the metal microfinished.

Ok somebody send me some pics!!!!! I might wanna do my les Baer but wanna see polished and satin examples

We won't have any pics until we can get one more gun in the batch. I think polished is the only way to go on a 1911/2011, think of a hard chrome without the shiny... it doesn't make sense. I think you should just jump in head first and we can all get them done! :)

I'm in for a batch of small parts....trigger, hammer, thumb safety, grip safety, barrel, bushing, recoil plug, slide stop. Just cant do the whole pistol as there are a some slide mods I would like to do prior to coating. Lemme know if this gets you guys closer to getting everything done. Def willing to be flexible on pricing, but not willing to pay the price of an entire gun. Maxximuss, send me a pm if it works out and maybe we can discuss pricing for the parts vs entire gun as well.

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's the polished. It's what they recommended because the surface prep is important and the prepping is what gives it the shiny finish.

My grip was cerakoted by the previous owner but he never had it installed on a gun so it's basically new.

steel.jpg

So the shiny one a few posts up is polished and the bottom one is matte finshed?

Or is the bottom one just burnt bronze cerakote?

Edited by wgj3