Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titanium Carbo-Nitride (TiCN) coating on 2011

Maxximuss

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 out of 4 have our parts in hand. They look amazing! The other two guys will have them by Friday. We will all post some pictures for you to see! It's hard to describe how smooth/slick the surface is with the Super-micro finish and TiCN.

This is what we have learned:

It is very difficult to fixture lots of small parts into the batch. The price will likely increase if you need small parts done. A batch will fit 4 guns worth of large parts (slide, frame, and barrel.) 1911 frames take up more space than 2011 frames, there can probably only be one 1911 per batch. All the parts need to go to one location (FFL) then get shipped off together to Calico. Calico will ship them back to one location (FFL) and that person will need to divide them up and ship them back to the members of the batch. You will likely be looking at $250 per person to have barrel, frame, and slide prep'd and coated. You can run the batch yourself if you want to do the leg work, if not I can try to run another batch. I am kinda like a professional cat wrangler...

Here's a picture that Jeremy sent me last night. He said the color appears more copper in person but the flash makes it look gold.

I left all my small parts and the barrel bushing black so mine will have some more contrast compared to this

ticn%20eagle.png

Too much bling factor for my taste. I wouldn't mind seeing the bead blasted version though.

Let me rephrase that. Too much bling for my competition guns. But if it were a BBQ gun.....

Too much bling factor for my taste. I wouldn't mind seeing the bead blasted version though.

Let me rephrase that. Too much bling for my competition guns. But if it were a BBQ gun.....

Let's put you in the next batch and we can all see a satin finish. None of us really knew how it was going to turn out, sometimes you just have to jump in head first! :)

I was temped to try for the 1st go around. I probably would have been happy with the results. I have a feeling that the pics and vids being posted don't do this polished finish justice. Probably looks even better in natural light.

Waktasz, let's see what it looks like on one of your POV match vids. ;)