Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm production

nick romero

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found a stock II that i am looking into. how difficult and what does it take to build a limited pro?

The limited pro lower is the same as a stock2 except for no trigger stop(and of course the short dust cover), so no different to work on as far as fire control goes. Finding one in 9mm is difficult.

i found a stock II that i am looking into. how difficult and what does it take to build a limited pro?

The limited pro lower is the same as a stock2 except for no trigger stop(and of course the short dust cover), so no different to work on as far as fire control goes. Finding one in 9mm is difficult.
There was one on GB a few days ago but it had hit $1000 and I wasn't interested

There was one on GB a few days ago but it had hit $1000 and I wasn't interested

• 2 weeks later...

How does a SP-01 Shadow rate that's been done by Angus? Is there much of a difference between one a couple years old and a newer one?

I had one and it was pretty sweet, although you can do it yourself with my thread :devil:

In my opinion the Shadow triggers are better than Tanfoglios.

well the lim pro has a short dust cover. but if you buy a stock II and cut off the dustcover I'm not sure it's legal for production in USPSA or IDPA. What match do you want to shoot? for production class guns technically you cannot just buy bits and pieces and assemble a gun that you think is substantially the same as one on the production list.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want to shoot a lim pro in production you basically have to buy one.

stock II or stock III may be the more attainable option.

before you discount the stock II you should try one. some think it's a tad nose heavy, but others really like the balance and it certainly tames the recoil very nicely. the only downside may be a touch slower between targets.

• 2 weeks later...

Stock 1 is the same frame as the old Standard Witness and older Match (ie no rail) but with some aggressive checkering. The differences between the Stock 1 & 2 are: a smaller beavertail than a competition frame, a rounded trigger guard, a sight like on the Match, and a roll pin for the hammer pin.

I was afraid it would have a small frame. I may still go for it if the price is right.

If anyone has a line on a Limited Pro or Stock II, would appreciate a heads up.

I would go for a 40sw or a 9m. If its a 40, I would swap in my long slide 9mm conversion.

Is it legal to use conversion slides in production? Tanfoglio make them for this purpose, after all.

Edited by AlphaSeeker

I was afraid it would have a small frame. I may still go for it if the price is right.

If anyone has a line on a Limited Pro or Stock II, would appreciate a heads up.

I would go for a 40sw or a 9m. If its a 40, I would swap in my long slide 9mm conversion.

Is it legal to use conversion slides in production? Tanfoglio make them for this purpose, after all.

If you want a solid answer on any rules question you can email Jon Amidon at USPSA.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also interested in a Tanfoglio... Most likely a Stock 2 for USPSA Production... I'm currently shooting a SP-01 Shadow, and like it... But I have big hands and the Stock 2 fits them a bit better...

Are there any custom shops like Automatic Accuracy (Matthew Mink), CZ Custom, or Cajun Gun works that modify Tanfoglios?

Is it possible to purchase a new Stock 2? I realize EAA seems to be the only US importer of Tanfoglios, but CZ-USA is the only importer of CZ's and lots of places sell them... My local gun shop sells lots of CZ's but never a Tanfoglio... Why?

Jim bodkin or Jim jones ,both do nice jobs on tanfoglio triggers, and it is a must to do so. Out of the box their triggers are really awful, but now my 9mm stock11 and my limited pro have really nice triggers. Finding either in 9mm is just luck. Try some larger grips for your CZ and your gun will be as good as any tanfoglio.

Does anyone have a Stock I and Stock II or has shot both as I am looking at the comparison on them. I know the Stock I does not have the full length dust cover and has the rounded trigger guard vs. the squared on the Stock II along with the sights are a little different. I thoroughly love my Stock II and I am looking for another Tanfo for a backup gun and finding another Stock II seems almost impossible. I wondered if the Stock I would be comparable enough to consider it a good backup gun if one was to come into my possession. Thanks in advance