Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new rule book?

rvb

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an email from Val. No date on printing yet. They will get mailed to ROs and above and Clubs as soon as available (No print date yet). Goes into affect Feb. 1st so recommend printing and reviewing the changes. There is also a Supplement with what has changed and explainations of the changes.

Seems to me the NROI should have posted the new rules for USPSA members to comment on. The majority of the discussion in this thread could have been discussed by the NROI, before the 'final' rules were posted.

Or, did I miss that?

Seems to me the NROI should have posted the new rules for USPSA members to comment on. The majority of the discussion in this thread could have been discussed by the NROI, before the 'final' rules were posted.

Or, did I miss that?

you missed it buddy

It did, for long courses. 1.1.5.1

I thought it was going away, away.

That's one of the rules the BOD changed after hearing member input on the proposed rule. Members didn't like the change so we left it the way it was before.

good to know thanks

Anyone know if there's a version of the rulebook with the old rules and the changes for the new one?

To explain: I used to be an aircrew guy, and we'd be issued a set of Technical Orders for our aircraft. When things changed, we were given notices with pen-and-ink changes or changed pages, so you could track what used to be the case and what the current guidance is. Something like that would be helpful, just to see where the departures between the two rulebooks are.

Thanks.

To explain: I used to be an aircrew guy, and we'd be issued a set of Technical Orders for our aircraft. When things changed, we were given notices with pen-and-ink changes or changed pages, so you could track what used to be the case and what the current guidance is. Something like that would be helpful, just to see where the departures between the two rulebooks are.

Yup, change pages. I remember those well. I didn't do it a part of an aircrew but I know exactly what you're talking about. The manual could be changed XX percent before a revision was required to be published.

<remember mode> Same thing with IBM manuals. Updates were called "Technical Newsletters". The coversheet was summary of which pages to replace or insert. You did what it said and filed it in the back as a record of the update having been applied. This came up as an idea for USPSA a few years back amongst a few of us where the rulebook would be in a small-form ring binder. It never went anywhere.</remember mode>