Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old school vid of Rob, Brian and some others

Neomet

woa. BE .82 stage time is scorching.super informative vid demoing detaled techniques from different styles. specificaly the draw and mindset. i've learned i'm not the only one wraping the support index around the trigger guard :surprise: although i tried to get rid of this habit in the last 2 years . however it makes me Wonder IF.... :unsure:.

Edited by sigsauerfan

woa. BE .82 stage time is scorching.super informative vid demoing detaled techniques from different styles. specificaly the draw and mindset. i've learned i'm not the only one wraping the support index around the trigger guard :surprise: although i tried to get rid of this habit in the last 2 years . however it makes me Wonder IF.... :unsure:.

Finger around the trigger guard was very popular at that time, but I would say 90% off competitive shooters are using a grip like BE and Robbie discussed in the video.....But hey Eric Grauffel wraps the finger around the trigger guard

Yeah, but Eric is European.............that means everything is different since they use the metric system.

C'mon Jake....you fell into that one..............

well I was going to point out that he probably does since he is French and helps in him not dropping the gun and throwing his arms up in surrender.......but I didn't want to be too political

Thanks for posting, that was pretty cool.

When Bill Rogers was talking about having just developed the Safariland Final Option I figured it was around -'88 as I got one that year and it was a very good holster. Notice that he was sporting a Tasco Pro-point on his gun. He was definitely one of the avant garde innovators in the IPSC shooting world.

I tried for about a year to develop the high finger-on-trigger guard grip but couldn't do it consistently and it always felt awkward for me. Even had a couple guns with nice checkering on the front of a high cut trigger guard in hopes that I would eventually master that grip, but abandoned that idea and just worked on what was more natural and consistent for me (which is what Brian Enos described in that vid, and in his book). I still see the trigger guard high grip on occasion and one of our area's top Master shooters uses it very well, but then again he is a freak. I think it is a genetic thing. :rolleyes:

Great vid!

I had the VHS tape too in 90 when I started.. Chip McCormick was front of trigger guard, as well as Jerry B. An international shooter friend of mine at the time was doing that.. since then she moved under the trigger guard,

I figured I'll copy TGO.. lol

Thanks for the link and reminiscing!

Its obvious that trucker hats are the key to greatness.

lol. Sure looks like it. I guess I need to find one of those and try wearing it this year to make A. On second thought......

• 2 weeks later...

as far as what type tech brian was...i had the pleasure of working with brian E for many years at a Nissan dealership ( Datsun back in those days ) and then as lead mechanic at his Datsun Z car shop for many years, after he left to shoot for Smith and wesson. those were the good old days !

i'm still watching this vid after a dozen views loll.

i learn something each time i'm looking at it .priceless .

in fact, i'm now more concious of my support hand during the draw's phase just prior to the L motion toward the target . i see the left has to meet the grip hand much earlier than what i was doing in order to have it perfectly wraped BEFORE i see the front sight .lesson's learned.

Edited by sigsauerfan