Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Did any one else get he email

nvshooter

If IDPA really wanted to crack down, they could be the sole sellers of the targets, and forbid places like Target Barn from selling them to any Joe off the street.

Actually IDPA licenses several makers of "official" IDPA targets. A buyer of targets can use them for whatever they want to. Matches, practice, bottom of bird cage, making a dog house... whatever.

kr

I am announcing the newest vendor on enos. Bill's Doggie Style Houses. Custom, made to order, from genuine IDPA targets. Great just for your dog or setting up scenario type stages. Optional attached "feet marks" to verify flat footing during reloads. Ask for them at your favorite gun store today. Don't make us sit up and beg for your business.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would start a new, sensible, national level club. One or two page rule book. ...

I would like to see your "one or two page rule book" that is stand-alone and doesn't rely on any other existing rules, and satisfies the needs of competitors and match staff. Please PM a copy to me.

I would start a new, sensible, national level club. One or two page rule book. ...

I would like to see your "one or two page rule book" that is stand-alone and doesn't rely on any other existing rules, and satisfies the needs of competitors and match staff. Please PM a copy to me.

Never said I had a rule book. Plus, I don't shoot IDPA, I bet that admition chafes some ass. I would shoot something besides USPSA if it agreed with me, hence,.... Trying to get one of you guys to start something new.

I do, however, think that once safety protocols and target description are out of the way (several pages) a simple rule book could be written. As stated, it's not rocket science, it scenario based defense with a carry gun, right?

Never said I had a rule book. Plus, I don't shoot IDPA, I bet that admition chafes some ass. I would shoot something besides USPSA if it agreed with me, hence,.... Trying to get one of you guys to start something new.

I do, however, think that once safety protocols and target description are out of the way (several pages) a simple rule book could be written. As stated, it's not rocket science, it scenario based defense with a carry gun, right?

But gamers will game it!

If it were defense scenarios with a carry gun it would require little to no shooting and everything would be at 10ft.

Yeah, sign me up for that ball of fun.....

And at the buzzer I would turn around and run away. After dialing 911 of course.

If it were defense scenarios with a carry gun it would require little to no shooting and everything would be at 10ft.

And at the buzzer I would turn around and run away. After dialing 911 of course.

:bow:

Would having 911 on speed dial be gaming? What about the use of the ICE buttons on phones? Does a DOH blade tech iPhone holster count as "everyday carry"?

But gamers will game it!

You see, that's always been the problem. Because someone is faster and more accurate then they are gamers. Malarkey. I want to be perfectly clear, SPEED is one hell of a tactical advantage. Use it, don't rule against it.

Someone above, I'm to lazy to look, said what I was saying is exactly why IDPA started. Well, I hear all the rantings and think a large majority isn't happy, happy, happy. START OVER. Can't be that hard.

Sit down and think about all the stuff about IDPA that bugs you and declare a mulligan. Whether that's "cover" or "engagement order" or "retaining reloads" or whatever and start over. It's not nearly as hard to do as you think. If there is merit in it ........it will grow.

I'd love to shoot another discipline that was more "carry oriented", but also championed creativity.

Exactly what ZSA was started for, give it a try

We have a rule paragraph, no problems at all with it, and we are now in our 4th year and Coast to Coast, not re inventing the wheel, just making it roll better.

Edited by John Z Sr