Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Division?

Pierruiggi

I like Open since it allows almost complete freedom to experiment with equipment and I like high tech toys.

If it existed, I'd like Open-10 even more since it would make reloading ability more of a factor but would still allow me to shoot with a red dot :P

Kevin

I have the equipment to shoot all the divisions. Mostly I have shot Limited and L-10. Early on I thought the way to go was Open, so I bought an Open gun, aftrer a short time, I found myself shooting Limited again. I started with a single stack and graduated to a P-16/40. I like the way we set up here in MidAtlantic, Lots of rounds, fast and furious shooting. The higher round counts we have usually require all the Limited shooters to reload once. Lately I'v started shooting Production, partly because I want to keep my classifications "real" and partly because I spent the money on the gun, so I think I should use it at least some of the time.

Favorite division? Whatever I am shooting today is my best answer.

Jim Norman

SPOOK What the H***, I have only shot revolver for a year now and Limited for 3...

I really enjoy both and still keep the rust off the bottom feeder but you guys are missing the boat. ;)

Shooting a revolver has taught me more in 1 year about visual patience than shooting the auto ever did. I only sometimes could call shots but now there is very few times I can't tell you what I shot before the RO starts calling them out. :)

And it is NOT from taking the slow trip through, the only difference between my stage times between the two types now is the extra time it takes to make the extra reloads with the revolver. :wacko:

I have to say that I have also enjoyed shooting this year as much or more than any of the others in the past so as if ya'll haven't figured it out I voted for...

REVOLVER :P:D:lol:

And If you ever had problems trying to figure stages out with your Limited or L-10 gun or the plastic toy.... Try shooting with six shots only :huh:

Hopalong

IF DaBlaster can do it you can too B)

I voted for L10 because the US Army taught me how to shoot the 1911 and I now own 6 of them. But I also has a compensated Glock 21 that I will be shooting in Open. And there is a Para Ordnance P14-45 that grabbed me one day at the gun store that I will be outfitting for Limited. There is this Beretta Vertec 92FS that I originally bought for beginning shooting students to try that has become a Production gun.

So as Jim said "Whatever I am shooting today is my best answer." :D

I voted for Open because my vision is in such rapid decline. The optic just makes it more fun. Kinda funny though, I prefer to shoot Open, but that's I am the least competitive in that division.

When I shoot iron sights, I would rather shoot L10 with a single stack than anything else. Rocking with a skinny gun is just so coooool.

I like shooting a variety, but it does seem that variety is Limited more than the others. Since I don't have a Revo or an Open gun, It is about 1/2 to 2/3rds Limited, and the the rest is split between production and L10. I guess I need to ask Santa for 610 Revo and an open gun.

SPOOK What the H***,

LOL, Sam, hold on just a minute. I know what you're thinking ;)

What I'm trying to say is that every division has it's own unique flavor. Open is FAST, Limited is technical, Production is accurate and revolver is technical and accurate ;)

So, I cannot choose. "Favorite" to me means "what would you pick if you could shoot one for the rest of your life". I don't know if it would be revolver. I don't think I could pick just one :)

Limited feels the most natural to me, and I voted for it. I shoot it the most, and practice it exclusively. I shoot revolver as a second gun lately, and really believe it helps your stage analysis and shot calling skills. Mistakes are much more penalizing in Revolver! I like Production and my single stack, but shooting in a larger class is always more fun and educational to me. I have not tried Open, except with my Limited gun just to get classified and/or get practice with my Limited gun.

Open is FAST, Limited is technical, Production is accurate and revolver is technical and accurate ;)

I understand about Production being accuracy since it is scored minor, and Revolver is technical and accurate since you have to be mistake free or risk a lot of reloads. I also understand speed with the dot is key to open, and it has less mag changes. When you say Limited is technical, could you expand a little, on all of them if you like. I'm curious.

Well, it is my opinion that Standard/Limited is a division where you have to be able to shift gears more than in other divisions. I have the feeling that it tries to combine the speed of Open (shooting major in a high capacity gun) with the difficulty of shooting iron sights.

I share your opinion on the other divisions.

Thanks Spook, I agree. I really like Limited to the point that I don't shoot the others very often. When you like shooting other guns, and consider them briefly while preparing for a match, only to return to Limited, then you know you are hooked. One match I shoot allows a second run in a different division, and that is where I shoot the others. A special classifier match is also a good place to shoot alternatives to your favorite division. Did I mention that I really like Limited? It is pracitcal pistol at its finest.(IMO)

Production.. it just feels like home to me i've shot it so much at this point, i like the less recoil. i l ike the challenge of sights, and love having to figure out reloading. and the different ways to solve the same problem.

I will he shooting open as a second gun. but it doesn't feel right, not reloading and all :-)

MoNsTeR took the words right out of my mouth.

I'll add that I can have all this fun without breaking the bank as well. Buying Power 10 mags on sale for $15 doesn't even put a dent in my wallet.

My Kimber Custom Target .45 was competitive enough to win the state title this year.

Production would be cool, but the mandated holster position kills my arthritic shoulder, so I'll never shoot that division.

I love to watch Open shooters, but doubt I'll ever swing the bucks to give it a go.

Watching revolver shooters around here is just painful, but I still may give it a try one day with my 686.

As for Limited, I seem to be getting a case of mag capacity envy, as I'm seriously thinking of buying a .40 Para this year.

Personally speaking, I think our divisions are perfect and will hopefully remain untouched. Something for everyone :)

Had to go with Production, although it is kind of a "glutton for punishment" Division. :P

but it doesn't feel right, not reloading and all

I know what you mean, Steve. I shot a 28 rd field course at York one time without a reload. That was just wrong....but it fealt so right though....darn. :rolleyes:

Standard/limited is my game and very tough one at that!

No knowing a thing I tried the open scene and it just wasn't my gig - my teeth rattled and my eyes blinked everytime I broke a shot.

Have played with production some....its a completely new ballgame that I'm not ready to dive into.....yet!