Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 USPSA Area 4 Championship

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not officially part of the match staff, but I have been meddling with prize aquisition.

My job has been to get some extra prizes to fill out the table.

I have prizes on the way from:

Smith Elite Optics

Arc'teryx

Streamlight

Vertx

DAC Tecnology

Salomon

and today I received this beautiful prize from Suunto:

http://www.suunto.com/en-US/Products/Sports-Watches/Suunto-Ambit2/Suunto-Ambit2-Sapphire/

Area 4 squading, Is there a single stack squad forming this year or is everyone just random ?

With crapiscore squadding, you cant see what Division or Class people are shooting.

So unless you predetermined it, you will have a hard time putting together an SS squad.

Looks like everythings just about full, so its hard to squad-hop.

If I shot all day Friday I would not stay an extra 2 days unless I was planning a mini-vacation with my family in the area.

If you're local, that's one thing but all the extra cost for the extra few days would not be worth it to me.

Any news on schedule, stages, or squad numbers?

The schedule is where you chose when you wanted to shoot....am/pm, pm/am, all day saturday or all day friday. Usually if you start in the a.m. it is an 8 o'clock start if it is a p.m. start it is usually 1 o'clock start.

The match schedule isnt out yet but you should know what squad you are on based on where you signed up.

Second match hotel has been arranged. The Candlewood is pretty much full. We have made a deal with the LaQuinta Inn, which is also pretty close to the Range. Listed address is 6700 Boston Street. Actually located just off Rogers Avenue, behind the Outback Steakhouse. The General Manager, Krish Patel, joined our Gun Club this month, and wanted to help promote shooting sports, so they are gun friendly.

Krish has established a company account under the name 'OFGC' (Old Fort Gun Club) and is offering a rate of $65.00 + tax for either a single or double. You will need to call the local hotel directly to get this special rate, as it is not established on line yet. Phone number is (479) 484-0303, book reservations under the company name "OFGC."

Stages are posted on www.area4championship.com Map to the River Range, as well as other information, is also located there.

Bruce Bethell

It's legal because there is a shooting area, not a single shooting position. I just went through all of this for the OK sectional and it's a fine line. :)

If it dictated "while seated, engage all targets" that would make it illegal, from what I understand.

That is a liberal interpretation of rule 1.2.1.2 but would be fine under speed shoot, 1.2.2.3, fit required a reload (it doesn't seem to)

1.2.1.2 Medium Courses: must not require more than 20 rounds to
complete and no more than 3 shooting locations. Course design
and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits
from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to
shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.
Location or view seems to be really stretched here....and in a few other matches as well lately.

It's legal because there is a shooting area, not a single shooting position. I just went through all of this for the OK sectional and it's a fine line. :)

If it dictated "while seated, engage all targets" that would make it illegal, from what I understand.

Just guessing, but the shooting area will probably be big enough to provide some advantage to moving. For example, stand up and shoot from the center, and you face the stacked poppers and no-shoot backdrop. Move to a corner, and the no-shoots and poppers are not lined up anymore. Might be something for a shooter that will have to reload anyway to consider.

If I shot all day Friday I would not stay an extra 2 days unless I was planning a mini-vacation with my family in the area.

If you're local, that's one thing but all the extra cost for the extra few days would not be worth it to me.

I'm scheduled for all day Friday. Heaven forbid I actually shoot well, but if I do, can I designate someone to walk the prize table for me?

Last year each squad had a number you matched to which stage you started. I don't see that any squad is numbered so I guess when I get there it should be easy enough to figure out where to go.

I dragged the mouse across several squads to copy and paste into a Word document. The squad numbers appeared when pasted into the doc.

If that does not work for you, the squads are numberd 301 to 342. Count from either end that is closest.

I know this will change. My class is out of date. for what it is worth....

Division GM M A B C D U Total

Limited 2 9 13 24 27 10 14 99

Open 6 15 10 18 16 1 7 73

Production 7 10 15 23 29 3 9 96

Revolver 2 2 1 3 1 9

Single Stack 4 2 8 5 5 24

L-10 1 1 2 2 1 7

Total 15 41 42 75 82 17 36 308

Edited by MadDawg

I'm scheduled for all day Friday. Heaven forbid I actually shoot well, but if I do, can I designate someone to walk the prize table for me?

You are welcome to designate someone to walk the prize table for you. Just give them some type of note saying they are walking for you. The prize table is looking real good. I always start at the bottom of the C Class Production looking for my scores, and it looks like I might even get some pretty good stuff from the table.

Bruce Bethell