Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Public washrooms

Onagoth

Ah yes, brings back memories Flex! Us Yanks get too wrapped up in our privacy. I wish I could find a picture of the latrine at Fort Irwin in Cal. There were two rows of shitters(not urinals) lined up in a row facing each other. Must have been 20 in a row. Now walls, no doors, just commodes and camaraderie. :sick:

Seems like all the old WWII barracks were like that.. seems this was always the case when you went to some odd base that was never updated

Ah yes, brings back memories Flex! Us Yanks get too wrapped up in our privacy. I wish I could find a picture of the latrine at Fort Irwin in Cal. There were two rows of shitters(not urinals) lined up in a row facing each other. Must have been 20 in a row. Now walls, no doors, just commodes and camaraderie. :sick:

The old wood 2 story WW barracks I stayed in (Ft. Lewis & Ft. Knox) years ago had the toilets with no stalls, toilets facing each other. I just figured that was how they were set up so they were all like that? The other thing you didn't say was that that was inside the open bathroom right next to the sinks for shaving etc.. aaaah the camaraderie.

Neal in AZ

How I Earned Respect in the Alaskan Outhouse

I once served as housekeeper or cook's assistant in the Alaskan bush mining camps or the oil fields. I arrived at an outdoor camp just north of Kotzebue one summer and found that the campers were bummed about the sanitary condition of the outhouse (wooden construction--very sturdy and not at all uncomfortable, actually). So, being the newbie who was willing to prove herself to the existing herd, I thoroughly cleaned the outhouse as my first "housekeeping" project. In one day I'd thusly made about 50 friends. I'm serious. Word got around and little gifts kept landing at my tent door.

The guys then dug a new hole and we hoisted the outhouse with our helicopter to a new location a few yards away. It was all very cool.

LMAO. I can't go when people are hovering around me! Funny thread. And when they are standing inches away from you that awkward silence puts more "pressure" on you!!

I've never had that issue until recently when females started using the men's room at concerts. Taking a leak with dozens of loud drunk girls just a foot away was much more challenging than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember - back in the late 50s - going into a restroom in Japan. A big open room with rows of slots in the floor, running water under the slots and a little shield in the front edge of the slot. You just squatted down and did whatever you were there for. Oh, did I mention the restrooms there were "Co-ed" ??? :surprise: