Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fed Ex AAARRRGGGHHH!

ormondopen

took the day off to wait for a delivery that required a signature (loaded ammo). sitting around watching the grass grow then suddenly at 1:14pm I get an email from Fed Ex stating an attempt to deliver way made but no was home. WHAT THE F! Lazy driver didn't even come by, my garage was up, car in the driveway, and the front door open since i have a screen/storm door so there is no way even if he did a drive by to see any signs of life would he think no one was home. I bet the notice no one was home yesterday is the same lie. got a call into them now I have to wait for them to call the driver to find out where the SOB is.

My USPS mail carrier does this BS on the regular. I can't make it to the post office until after they close so I can never do anything about it. Always gets delivered the next day. The strange thing is when I get a bullet shipment it is always delivered ontime, its just the small things like a recoil spring or grips that they lie about.

Edited by CowToes

US Mail is the worst. I got a confirmation e-mail that a package had been delivered, so I went out to my mail box and nothing. About a half-hour later I was out mowing the lawn and the female mailman pulls up with the mail and the package and puts it in the mail box. I ask her about it and she says "oh I just log everything when I leave the depot" How stupid is that?

FedEx normally just throws stuff by my front door, does not matter if they are supposed to get a sig or not, they just leave it there and never ring the door bell.

The only good one is UPS, she loves my dogs and always brings them treats. If I am not home, she will swing by later in the day if she sees my dogs out on the front yard and make the delivery then. I always try to get stuff UPS whenever possible because of her great service. I kid her that I call her the Ammo Fairy, as she is always bringing me ammo :)

can you believe this crap, Fed Ex told me its not their problem; I need to take it up with their subcontractor. I will NEVER use fed ex again and believe me I will continue to email anyone I can about this crap. my issue is not having to sit around and wait for the delivery its that the driver flat out lied and posted he made an attempt.

We had that happen ONE time, had a Next Day AM delivery scheduled for pickup($98.xx shipping), the driver pulled in (circle drive) never stopped ,drove out. I actually saw him pull in . I grabbed the box to meet him on the drive, opened the door he was pulling out on the road.

I looked up the number, called FedEx, of COURSE nobody could help, I kept asking for supervisors, working up the ladder. Finally got one who would do something , almost an hour on the phone. He got in contact with our hub, they contacted the driver. he was already back and leaving for home. They made him drive back out and pick up the package.

All our FedEx drivers gave us their phone #'s, and they are VERY accommodating. ;)

US Mail is the worst. I got a confirmation e-mail that a package had been delivered, so I went out to my mail box and nothing. About a half-hour later I was out mowing the lawn and the female mailman pulls up with the mail and the package and puts it in the mail box. I ask her about it and she says "oh I just log everything when I leave the depot" How stupid is that?

That's exactly what they do because express mail now gets tracked and so they scan it in "as delivered" and then drive it around in the back of the truck until they get around to delivering it.... or in my case, until they deliver it to somebody else's address. Then you check on line and it shows "delivered".

I wrote a HATE thread once upon a time about my adventures with the USPS but it got locked and I got a note explaining that I was not allowed to disparage the US postal service because some forum members work for USPS.

But the work standard for the USPS in my area absolutely amazes me..... any private company that conducted business in such a manner would have gone bankrupt many decades ago.

Fed Ex and UPS are hit and miss on delivery, but I have never had them lose anything while USPS has lost sevaral items. One thing UPS did for a while that REALLY ticked me off: when they were pinching pennies on fuel costs, they would sometimes hold an item at the hub for a few days if another item was "en route" from somewhere else which meant the first item got delayed so they could do just one delivery run to my house.

Edited by bountyhunter

UPS once left my 5 k open gun (which was Spose to require a sig) on my steps all day in the rain, I was not impressed.

Get a Glock.

Fedex once told me that I don't live where I live.

That's a good one........ sounds like one of those old Yogi Berra sayings.

It confused me pretty thoroughly. "Recipient no longer at this address." The people at the customer center were equally clueless.

You guys got the wrong drivers,,I've never had any of these troubles,,just yesterday had a delivery on time,it was just a new coffee maker but on time,had my ups driver call me to tell me he was at my house with a heavy box.said he would put in front of garage.

• 3 weeks later...

I live a mile off the main road down a gravel road (four other houses on the road). I had a FedEx driver call and ask if I could meet him at the main road and because I was getting ready to go out I met him on my way and got the package. A couple weeks later he calls again and wants me to come and pick up a package, I tell him I'm busy and to bring it to the house he states his boss doesn't want him coming down our road so I ask if he's refusing to deliver my package and he just repeats the line about his boss. I called the FedEx number in the phone book and explained the situation a couple hours later the box was on my doorstep and no issues since.

USPS does not deliver larger than mailbox size packages ever because there rule is one mile round trip off road so we get a pickup slip in the box.

• 2 weeks later...