Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Hip

hopalong

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you getting a full hip replacement or a Birmingham Hip Resurfacing? I had mine replaced just under 2 years ago (age 35) and I feel amazing now. No more pain and I don't have any restrictions. It's not 100% but it's pretty good and 1000 times better than it was prior.

Great luck on your surgery and a quick recovery.

Are you getting a full hip replacement or a Birmingham Hip Resurfacing? I had mine replaced just under 2 years ago (age 35) and I feel amazing now. No more pain and I don't have any restrictions. It's not 100% but it's pretty good and 1000 times better than it was prior.

Great luck on your surgery and a quick recovery.

I recall Pete prior to surgery. I was sad to see him try to run an ad hoc stage at practice. It was painful for me to watch him. Now he's a new man. I have another friend that had same results.

I wish you the best.

Full hip replacement. I am the first one of the day. Just hope the old saying about buying cars on Monday and Fridays doesnt apply to new hips! !!!!!!!!!!!

Wife (sunnyside 226) will update with news.

Thanks for the well wishes. Looking forward to walking and bending without pain and with more range of motion.

Hop

Got up and walked 100+/- ft today. The hip pain l had is not noticeable if there at all. Muscle pain around the joint. . . . . . . .Thats a whole nuther story!

Thanks for the well wishes. See ya'll out on a range in the future.

Hopalong

Edited by hopalong

"The hip pain l had is not noticeable if there at all."

What'd I tell ya!! Good job!

What I noticed was that the hip did not want to be sat on for very long in the early recovery stages. But I could walk about as much as I wanted (with crutches, of course) and experienced no pain doing so.

First full day home. Went and saw pt scheduled for 3x a week for 8 weeks. Whole leg is stiffi andsore but not in the hip joint itself. Knee will be complaining as the dr straightned my walking motion. Getting alongon and off the comode, and in and out of car, and in and out of chair tbe hardest and most painful. Dr prescribed percoset, and i have taken only one today. Just got a shower. Gonna sit ond a cold pad to help with the swelling that goes from my top of buttox to my ankle now.

Hop

If the Percoset doesn't quite cut it, Rodney May may have some fluid he carries in a little bottle that will take care of it.

;)

Hang it there, Sam. It's sore now, but put the effort into the PT and it will be much better in no time.