Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass prices at your local scrap yard?

JC49ae

I have a few pounds of brass I'm ready to take to the recycle center.

What prices are your local scrap yards giving you for your junk brass and primers?

This will be my first trip and haven't figured out where I'm going get the best price.

Is there some sort of national "spot price" like there is for gold and silver?

Sort it and sell it...common calibers are always in high demand. You'll make more money than scrapping it, with little effort, if you have time to sort it by caliber. Take a look at the classified's for the current prices.

I would imagine the OP is talking about culled brass from the reloading process? I cull a lot of crappy brass but it's not worth the gas and hassle to go to a scrap yard for 10 bucks. I used to drive a work truck to the scrap yard regularly and half the time a tire had to be plugged the next day. I don't want to drive my truck in a scrap yard. I usually just pitch it or sit it out by the curb for the PROFESSIONAL scrappers! :roflol:

What prices are your local scrap yards giving you for your junk brass and primers?

Yes guys. Junk brass and junk primers, as in those primers that are spent and that brass that I've some how managed to destroy and crush by my delicate hand ;).

I save all brass and it gets sorted into the reloadable bucket or the junk bucket.

I pick up lots of brass ata local shooting spot. Anything I can use gets saved, the rest goes into a 5 gallon bucket. This is berdan primed military brass, crushed brass, split cases or any 9mm major I gett at Open nationals. When that bucket is full and it may take a year or so, I take it to a scrap yard. Last trip was about $2.15 a pound and that bucket netted me about $135.

I pick up lots of brass ata local shooting spot. Anything I can use gets saved, the rest goes into a 5 gallon bucket. This is berdan primed military brass, crushed brass, split cases or any 9mm major I gett at Open nationals. When that bucket is full and it may take a year or so, I take it to a scrap yard. Last trip was about $2.15 a pound and that bucket netted me about $135.

That's good money for some powder or other components. :)

The scrap yard I went to didn't care. They ran a magnet through it looking for steel, found 1 piece in the total 5 gallons.

So how much did you get paid for 5 gallons of yellow brass?

I came out with $132, just over 62 pounds.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...