Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How About Some PICS of Your RIG? Let's See 'Em!

Nalapombu

Hey all,

I come here every now and again and read up on the goings on and such. I enjoy seeing what you guys are talking about in the sport and where it is going and the equipment and such. The only negative I have about this section is that there aren't very many pictures of the shotguns you all are using or are testing. I know that most people don't post pics and you guys are smart and knowledgeable enough about the gear that you all don't need a picture. There are lots of us like me, that have never shot or seen a 3 gun match and would like to try it someday, that enjoy seeing the guns and gear that you all use especially when it is a NEW SHOTGUN out on the market.

So, I thought I'd ask and see if you all wouldn't mind posting up some pictures of your gear. I know I'd like to see it and I bet a lot of others would to. It would be even better for you to describe what you have and the mods done to it and why you are using that particular shotgun. Even if you don't post a pic, that other info would be interesting to read for a lot of us to understand things a bit better.

Some of the ones I'd like to see are the Remington VersMax, the Beretta 1301, the CZ 712 and of course the usual Benellis. Naturally if you are shooting something different please post those too. The MORE the MERRIER.

Can't wait to see and read all about your gear.

Thanks for the time.

nalajr

It's nothing really special. Beretta 1301 24" with a +7 Nordic tube. So far I really like it. I got it in on Saturday and took it out on Sunday for a match. Didn't clean it and didnt fire a shell until the timer went off on the first stage. Running Winchester TRGT12M7, it was flawless all day. I'm happy about it. I'd like to get some lighter loads through it to see how it does.

20130913_141237.jpg

I will try to upload a pic later but my rig is:

Benelli M1Super90 with 21" barrel

Nordic Components +8 extension

Nordic Components Clamp

Nordic Components Oversized Bolt Release

and an opened load port.

post-34162-1233597_thumb.jpg

Edited by sdhunterman

Here's my 3 Gun load out. Top is my cart w/ cooler and range bag. Next row is ear plugs, glasses, lens cleaning kit, minor first aid (Aleve and Advil, finger nail clippers, nail file and band-aids) and cleaning equipment. Pens, extra chamber flags (someone always shows up needing a flag) and single-point slings for rifle and shotgun. Safariland ELS rig, magazines for pistol & rifle and a Brownells 3 Gun Bag for transport.

Guns are Remington Versamax Tactical w/ Carbon Arms +2 tube and action work done by Triangle Shooting Sports, XS rear sight added by me. Chokes are Light Mod and Cylinder Bore. Rifle built by me, Noveske lower and rail, Adams Arms 16" barrel, NP3 coated Les Baer BCG, Magpul stock and Surefire muzzle break. Rifle mags are Magpul, a Nordic converted 48rd, 40rd, two 30rd and one 20rd. Scope is the Vortex Razor HD. Pistol is an SVI frame, Caspian slide, Schueman barreled 9mm, also built by me. Most stages I use the two mags below the gun, a 21rd and 19rd, giving me 40 rounds at the start.

lrvf.jpg

Edited by T Bacus

• 1 month later...

My Versamax coated in Kryptek Nomad and some of my ACR in match form.

IMG_20131104_155224_292_zpseacdf0ce.jpg
IMG_20131101_034923_680_zpsb1587d22.jpg

Finish is holding up so far.

IMG_20131101_122219_555_zps85ade4ca.jpg

Bolt work on the ACR. I don't use that light and handguard during matches I use the lighter and longer black one pictured above. Also by summer I'll be using a JP barrel in the ACR and a lightened bolt for the shotgun.

IMG_20131025_164545_191_zps1ec0c9a1.jpg

IMG_20131026_144857_492_zps455466c1.jpg

Loading port just after opening it up but before it was coated.

IMG_20130810_033207_781_zps59642eb9.jpg

Edited by DDustin