Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man 3-Gun National Championship May 10-11, 2014

The only thing I was disappointed with was the lack of HML shooters signed up. Kind of takes the fun out of a podium finish with only 4 people in the division. Maybe I was wrong... maybe the division really is dead. Makes me sad.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a GREAT time at the match! Thanks to all. Tried to leave early (4am) on Monday to no avail. Snow, rain, sleet, and ice gave way to chaos getting through Denver. Made it all the way to Laramie, Wyoming only to find Interstate 80 closed due to 10-14 inches of snow. Spent the night there and finally got home last night. Nice, warm, and sunny today in Idaho. Go figure.

Ranger6

"If it's on the internet, it's got to be true. They can't put anything on the internet if it isn't true," A. Lincoln

Had a GREAT time at the match! Thanks to all. Tried to leave early (4am) on Monday to no avail. Snow, rain, sleet, and ice gave way to chaos getting through Denver. Made it all the way to Laramie, Wyoming only to find Interstate 80 closed due to 10-14 inches of snow. Spent the night there and finally got home last night. Nice, warm, and sunny today in Idaho. Go figure.

Ranger6

"If it's on the internet, it's got to be true. They can't put anything on the internet if it isn't true," A. Lincoln

I'm sorry! That totally sucks!!! I'm glad you got home safe!

:wub: Denise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt7r6K14SHo&list=PL-7gW2Qw5nd8QEzoAALFkN7GVbB92O0EI

This should be a playlist of all of my stages. If you've ever wondered what 51% looks like at Raton, here you go. See if you can spot the easter eggs!

- Faceplant

- Pickup gun overkill

- Left shoulder action

- Scenic route uphill

- Overly secured Hornady banner

- Rifle round with no primer.

( May contain language offensive to IPSC shooters and gear offensive to tac optics shooters )

Edited by thermobollocks

Our amazing photographers, The Millers, dropped a clutch in the mountains on the way to the match...so...

Fewer pictures than last year, and JJ did do a good job.

Go to the rm3g picture site: http://rm3gun.smugmug.com/ and you can see some pictures of this year's He-Man match.

Thermobollocks are kind of fun to watch as well...especially when he biffs! :surprise:

Thanks again to everyone who came out to join us!

:wub: Denise

The only thing I was disappointed with was the lack of HML shooters signed up. Kind of takes the fun out of a podium finish with only 4 people in the division. Maybe I was wrong... maybe the division really is dead. Makes me sad.

Hopefully, I will be back in HeMan Iron next year, I just couldn't pull it off this year. We can't let true irons totally die.

Hurley

Some things are gonna have to change or I fear it will.

What things could be changed to help it out? (And no, I don't shoot irons. I need to be able to see my target, even if that doesn't help my scores. LOL!) It is, in my opinion, the most difficult division to shoot. It's hard to get folks to do the more challenging stuff, and quite frankly, many have no desire to make it harder on themselves to compete.

First change I would make would be back to the original rules a 12 Gage shotgun.....not just a pump. I would come play, but I just ain hate pump shotguns.

It is really not that difficult, or anymore difficult I should say, than any other divisions in the 3-gun "hobby". My biggest challenge is cash for 308 ammo, especially when you cannot use the cheap Wolf stuff even for paper targets.

With that said, this is the only He Man/Heavy Metal specific match so I will continue to support it :).

It is really not that difficult, or anymore difficult I should say, than any other divisions in the 3-gun "hobby".

I shoot HM/O and find the 20 rd rifle mags, 10 rd pistol (8 in some places), pump shotgun (shooting while pumping gun) and the heavier recoil of all more challenging than say T/O, may just be me. I tried irons, and quit when I couldn't find/see the targets in the matches I shot. I enjoy HM/O and plan to continue with it, but "irons" just become too much frustration.

+10 on the 'seeing the targets'. I used to shoot an M1A with irons and have shot a couple of matches with an M1 Garand; however, the targets were painted and did not go out past 400 yards. Makes a big difference.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you know, we wanted to try to avoid Mother's Day, so...by working with the Whittington Center, we are scheduled to have the match May 30-31, 2015!

So, that's He-Man 3-Gun Nationals, for all you who enjoy the big guns - May 30-31, 2015!!!

:goof: