Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man 3-Gun National Championship May 10-11, 2014

IT's big!!! But, does size matter??? :devil: Whoops! That is bordering on politically and/or socially incorrect!

Supposedly, the wind is supposed to drop some for the RO's to start shooting tomorrow! Today, it was 30mph plus gusts!

It blew down a popper while we were working on the bird stage and I got hit in the back with the rabbit...No, not the fuzzy kind Bryan wants to shoot... :surprise: Owww!!!

RO's take to the range tomorrow! They were out looking at stages today!

One of them....thanks Matt...brought down some new shooting positions we plan to use for JP RM3G!!! Bwahahahaha! :ph34r:

See you soon!

:wub: Denise

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results of today's staff shoot stages are up at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

Weather was a little cold/hot/cold/windy/sunny/still today! :surprise:

Everyone worked hard and got some stages shot! Special thanks to Hung, Mark M, Jared, Rich who just helped RO's shoot today! It was appreciated!

One more day of staff shoot and then Shooter's briefing Saturday at 0645.

Thanks everyone!

Almost all the Staff is done with He-Man Nationals!!

Got a couple left to shoot including one poor RO who just, finally got the ammo he shipped!! :surprise: He's going to be busy for these two days!

Special thanks to our special RO RO's once again!! Everyone so appreciated it!

Most everyone has registered, and the shooter's briefing is at 0645 tomorrow at the Eagle's Nest! See you all there!

What a day! Good weather and a LOT of shooting! We saw some great performances today!!

Results are posted at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/id12.html

Congratulations to Monte Long of XS Sights who won the 3rd annual He-Man Shoot-Off in the finals against Kuan Watson!

Jared Millinazzo and Drew Boldt were beat in the final elimination rounds.

Rich Boyes, Don Bednorz, Tate Moots, and Brad Riley made it to the man on man shoot-offs!!! They all did a great job!

Piggies at 300 meters for rifle, Turkeys at 75 yds for slugs and chickens at 50 yds for pistol!!! It was a LOT of fun to watch!!!

Another day of shooting starts at 0730 tomorrow and then prize table at the Eagle's Nest!!

See you then!

Ok- just got home from He-man.

This years match was everything people love about a Johnson match at Raton and nothing that I have heard complaints about over the years.

The biggest improvement was the placement of colored tape wind flags near the long range steel to help call the wind and identify the target. Kuan Watson shot the long range rifle stage with iron sights faster than the scoped guys in he-man or wee-man, very impressive Kuan!

The seven stages flowed well where it made sense and the terrain at Whittington makes even the simplest stage designs make you pay if you don't bring your A game. Well done JJ and Denise.

As always many thanks to the RO's and match sponsors. Thanks to all of squad seven, we had a great bunch of fun and hard working guys who also happened to be great shooters.

Thanks! We hope you all had fun!

The results are finally posted at: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

We had to drive around and lock gates and wrap things up!

Thanks to the staff, especially RO's! We were torn down by 1330. We even started awards an hour early!

Thanks so much to the wonderful people who come on out to He-Man! (Even the wee-men!) :devil:

Congratulations to:

He-Man Iron (Even after 9 months shooting wee-man) Kuan Watson

He-Man Scope (Ex-wee-man) Jared Millinazzo (He beat out Mike Atha by a nose)

wee-man (In an exciting new appearance) Craig Calkins (We hope to have some pictures posted soon!) :roflol:

Kuan Watson and Tate Moots repeat the top He-Man Law performances for the Eddie Rhodes trophy! (It's like the Stanley Cup, but better! :goof: )

Congratulations to top wee-man Lady - Vicki Carlton and He-Man Lady - Diana Driscoll

Top Junior Wee-man was Orin Atha.

Thanks so much to ALL our sponsors, who are honestly too numerous to name, but check out our website!! :bow:

Thanks to all of you! The RO's worked so hard with no complaints. The shooter's were always on time and ready to rock!!

The weather was perfect! :goof: (It's not right now! WIND!!! Sand devils! Cold! Showers! :sick: )

Thank-you for being such a great group! We hope you all enjoyed it and you had a good...and challenging time!)

Thanks to my husband and the staff, and shooters for the cake and card and just a great B-Day weekend!

Thanks to Denise, JJ and my fellow ROs for another great He-man match! However, the hill on stage 6 was not tall or tough enough even after running up it several dozen times and should be rectified next year; I'll even volunteer to RO that one :-)

Edited by rboyes

Thanks to Denise, JJ and my fellow ROs for another great He-man match! However, the hill on stage 6 was not tall or tough enough even after running up it several dozen times and should be rectified next year; I'll even volunteer to RO that one :-)

Don't listen to him JJ! I thought that was an endless climb already!!

Edited by Don_B

I agree. That hill felt 3x taller than it looked!

The match was again excellent. The stages were huge and each was very technically challenging. I especially enjoyed stages 1, 3 and 5. Thank you again to JJ and Denise for their tireless efforts to keep an old school style of 3gun alive in the West. This match is really cool because the name implies no whining and the people who attend, are there because they love the match, rather than to pursue points, prizes or sponsors. The people who were in the Eagles Nest on Sun afternoon were the best in the nation. Not because they are on TV, have the biggest names or the most trophies... but because they have a passion for shooting. The match and stages were excellent and I think I like the people who attend even more.

For those who are curious, the Johnson's worked really hard to improve target presentations this year. There was only one target which I though was just plain too hard to see to hit. The rest were alright and I could see them all just fine. Even the 650 was hot pink and had a wind flag. I didn't hit it, but I could see it just fine.

I'm already looking forward to next year.

My RO's let some of you CRAWL up the hill?????

Oh boy!!! Somebody needs a talkin' to!! :angry2: (Anything but running should have been a procedural! :roflol: )

JJ was going to borrow a front loader to make the bowl deeper to raise the hill for Rich, but don't worry! I said NO!

You can just run up the same hill, engage the rifle, then run into the lake bed and up on the little island and engage the far ones again! Easy solution!!! :surprise: I'm always thinking!!! It's way more cost effective! :devil:

Thanks to Denise, JJ and all the crew who make this match possible. The stages were great with a lot of long rifle and some gully runs. There was a positive vibe and lots of wonderful folks. Most fun we have shooting all year.

Thanks again for a great shooting experience!

The solution for this sort of thinking is as follows.

Competitors that do not qualify for Senior and Super Senior have a cement block attached to each ankle for the stage. Competitors, younger than Senior, or Super Senior that reside at an altitude of 5000 feet above sea level or greater, have one cement block plus a brick attached to each ankle.

Damn kids!! :roflol:

Finally made it home, after some interesting moments at ABQ. I'm just about to go through the metal detector, and my name is paged to return to the ticket counter. This is after about 25-30 minutes to get to the metal detector, a lot longer than the normal "wait about 5 or 10 minutes for TSA to scan your case"

Their TSA keys, didn't work in my TSA locks. Made it through security faster after explaining to an agent about being called back. My shoes were untied at the time, and my belt looped around my neck, during this episode.

JJ has found new levels of sickness for stage design for the match. I doubt we'll see shotgun hip shots again :roflol:I hope not anyway. Maybe someday I'll get over the buzzer induced dementia and remember all the targets that are to be engaged.

I want to than Don , Tony, Derrick and his wife Diana for making my long trip enjoyable. A very special thank you to Don's wife, Sharon for keeping track of the shooters on the squad. I hope to squad with all of you in the future.

I got to visit with my friends from the region, Jim and Nanci, who help me out with logistical needs. Denise and JJ are included in the group of friends.

Thank you for you effort to supply us with targets to shoot at, and great people to add to our list of life's friends.

I too had a great time at this match! It was my first heman match and I had blast! The stages were tough but tons of fun, and the people were great! I thoroughly enjoyed shooting with the guys on squad 4, notably Don, Tony, Dan, and of course my husband. Plan on returning next year and hopefully will have the stupid shotgun figured out by then, and maybe some good dope on the rifle..... That gives me a year, but I am a slow learner.....

Oh and I forgot to mention a huge thanks to Sharon as well! She is absolutely awesome. And I would love to squad with Mr Sierpina again in the future! And I suppose I should sign my name....

Diana

And just so you know, this was her first time as a He-Man, and only her second big 3-Gun match and she kicked some butt!!!

I wish I picked up/was picking up 3-Gun as fast as she! She was great with that pump and she is not a He-Man sized lady either!!

Diana - you are going to be a force to be reckoned with!! :bow:

Another great lady shooter!! Bah!!! :angry2:

Seriously, congratulations! You did a great job! I was really impressed!!! Thanks Don, for getting both she and her husband into 3-Gun!

:wub:

What a bunch of friendly shooters :) This is why I'd always enjoyed RO'ing the He Man match, meeting great people with guns (who can actually shoot)!!! See you all next year.

HD.

Edited by PacMan