Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for all SP01 Shadow Production Div shooters

Nimitz

What's your magazine, base pad and mag pouch configuration?

I'm asking because my new SP01 Shadow from CZC is coming with 3 of the 19 rd mags and apparently there is no way to put the base pad of those mags (which I really link) on any other mags. Since I want all my base pads to be the same I seemed to be faced with just buying more of those mags at $47/each or sell them and buy another mag (like 16 rd ones from Cheaper THan Dirt) that would all have the same base pad.

Just wondering what everyone else did. Also, I really like my CR Speed mag pouches and was planning to keep them and was curious who else used those ...

I just bought my SP01 Shadow earlier this year. I purchased the plated ones from CZ Custom and MecGar's 17 rounders. They look the same except the plating and logo. The black MecGars are 11 or 12 dollars cheaper. Get them from Greg Cote. $24.95 each and flat $6.95 shipping no matter how many. They work great. At that price you can afford to keep the original mags too. I seen lots of posts here talking about having to install extra strength springs in the factory ones for them to work correctly. I am not sure the MecGar 19 round mags fit the box. Maybe someone else knows.

17 rd Mecgar AFC with the same base pads that came with them. Only reason I could thnk of wanting anything different would be if the plastic Mecgar base pads cracked. They haven't yet for me.

A little birdie told me there may be some nice aluminum ones available soon.

I run three of the Comp Tac double mag holders.

CR Speed and Double Alpha mag holders, as well as Double Alpha magnets. The standard 18 round CZ magazines are what I use in production. The Base plate is just the right length for protecting the palms of one hands from "CZ hand" and having your weak hand back on the gun instantaneously when the mag replacement is complete.

What's your magazine, base pad and mag pouch configuration?

I'm asking because my new SP01 Shadow from CZC is coming with 3 of the 19 rd mags and apparently there is no way to put the base pad of those mags (which I really link) on any other mags. Since I want all my base pads to be the same I seemed to be faced with just buying more of those mags at $47/each or sell them and buy another mag (like 16 rd ones from Cheaper THan Dirt) that would all have the same base pad.

Just wondering what everyone else did. Also, I really like my CR Speed mag pouches and was planning to keep them and was curious who else used those ...

This IS my setup currently. I have a bunch of the factory 18 round mags.

I have used the CZ SP01 19 rnd factory mags for several years. They worked OK with the factory springs but I replaced them w/ +10's after a year (routine maint), still all good. Bought some Mecgar AFC 16 rounders last year and I like them just as much. For mag pouches I use 5 DAA Racers. I like that you can mount them so mags are perpendicular to the belt. Five mags take up very little belt real estate.

Stock 18rd SP-01 Mags, Ghost pouches, bullet nose out.

It was a tight fit in the USPSA box at A7 with a HAJO rear sight. A guy from my local club runs the same gun and mags, but must have a really tall rear sight. It would no fit the box. Welcome to Open :(

Next year I will be running the nickle plated mags from CZC and DAA Race Masters

CR speed pouches, Mec-Gar AFC 17 or 19 round mags here. If you buy the Mec-Gars, buy the 17 rounders. You can buy base pads to add the +2, but you can't buy the non-+2 basepads. If your gun doesn't fit with the 19 rounders, you're buying new mags unless you've bought the 17 and the +2 pad.

17 rd Mecgar AFC with the same base pads that came with them. Only reason I could thnk of wanting anything different would be if the plastic Mecgar base pads cracked. They haven't yet for me.

A little birdie told me there may be some nice aluminum ones available soon.

I run three of the Comp Tac double mag holders.

Where would the aluminum base pads be when available?

CR speed pouches, Mec-Gar AFC 17 or 19 round mags here. If you buy the Mec-Gars, buy the 17 rounders. You can buy base pads to add the +2, but you can't buy the non-+2 basepads. If your gun doesn't fit with the 19 rounders, you're buying new mags unless you've bought the 17 and the +2 pad.

+1

Does anyone know if the 17 and 19 rd Mec-Gars have the same spring?

Will the rubber base pad available from CZ Custom fit the 17 AFCs?