Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TulAmmo Primers

Reshoot

I picked up 5k last week for $100 OTD. I ran home & loaded 200 into mixed 9mm cases. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they fed & seated in my RL550. My perception is that they are easier to seat than Wolf primers. Just for fun I also primed a handful of cases with my RCBS hand priming tool; no problems seating the Tula.

I shot those 200 rounds during a local club match Saturday. All of 'em want bang.

I still have a few thousand Wolf primers. If given the option of Wolf vs. Tula I'm inclined to pick Tula. I'm hoping to pick up a few more cases while I can.

My Tula primers are gold. I have not chronoed any Tula primed ammo.

I have used over 20,000 Wolf/Tula small rifle primers in open guns. Only 3 bad primers where they would not fire at all even after multiple attempts. Not as good as Winchester where I have never had a bad primer but plenty good for anything short of a major match.

I have used over 20,000 Wolf/Tula small rifle primers in open guns. Only 3 bad primers where they would not fire at all even after multiple attempts. Not as good as Winchester where I have never had a bad primer but plenty good for anything short of a major match.

I have used about 20,000 Tula and about 20,000 wolf, both small pistol, through my 2011s. My results are very similar to Ace38supers. I would not use them for Major matches, but I will continue to buy them for everything else.

They have been excellent for me, both SP and SR, in my STI's. But neither the SP nor SR will work consistently in my Glocks.

They're so much cheaper though, that I'm willing to stock different brands of primers for different guns.

I too have used, and am still using Tula primers of the SP and SR variety... oh, and some LP too. They do seat a bit harder than some other types, but I never had one back out or fall out either. I think I remember having at least one not go bang out of somewhere between 10-15K of them, but hey... it could've been me too. If properly seated they have at least the same chance to go off as any others I have tried.