Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hipertouch 24c trigger

45shooter

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my 24C last Friday and installed it in my gun. The first thing I noticed was a burr on both sides of the trigger frame ( part #1) where the trigger pin passes through. A few passes with a stone took care them. After installing the complete trigger and cocking the hammer by hand I discovered that the disconnector would not release the hammer. If I put my finger behind the trigger and pushed it forward the disconnector would release the hammer. After a conversation with the folks at Hipertouch it was determined that the spacing between the hammer and trigger pin pivot holes in my Rock River lower were out of spec. If you look at the "AR 10 & AR 15 Fire Contorl Cavities" spec page on the Hiperfire webpage you will see the pin spacing in red which was placed there after my call. Now that I've stoned the burrs I could not return the trigger. I took care of the problem by mounting the hammer in a tool makers vise and taking .005" off the vertical surface of the hammer hook that the disconnector rides on top of. Now the disconnector would release the hammer for firing when I tripped the trigger.

After playing with the trigger for a while I noticed some creep before the hammer was released. Back to the surface grinder where I took .004" off the vertical face of the hammer hook that engaged the trigger. Now the trigger feels great and works even better.

With the lightest toggle springs and the red shoe at the lowest position on the trigger I have a consistent 2# trigger. I'll try the heavier springs also as it takes just a minute to change them. The reset is very firm and short. I think the pull should smooth out once the mating surfaces have a chance to burnish each other. Time will tell.

Pat

Got my 24c installed, super easy with the included directions. The break is outstanding and very light with the lightest springs, I don't have a gauge but probably well under 3 lbs. The reset on mine is fast and positive, but slightly longer than my JP, which was polished and adjusted by a very good gunsmith. It's a very good design in my opinion.

Got my 24c installed, super easy with the included directions. The break is outstanding and very light with the lightest springs, I don't have a gauge but probably well under 3 lbs. The reset on mine is fast and positive, but slightly longer than my JP, which was polished and adjusted by a very good gunsmith. It's a very good design in my opinion.

Well this runs counter to what everyone seems to be saying.

I was surprised by that as well. I think I'm going to try to measure them side by side so I can tell for sure it's not just a perception thing. Overall I still like it better than the JP (which is still excellent).

I was surprised by that as well. I think I'm going to try to measure them side by side so I can tell for sure it's not just a perception thing. Overall I still like it better than the JP (which is still excellent).

The test units they had at the Pro-Am definitely had a longer reset than the Geisele I've been using. Not a huge amount longer but enough that with a couple test resets I didn't get it all the way out. Need to get a bit of practice in.

Which Geissele are you running?

The test units they had at the Pro-Am definitely had a longer reset than the Geisele I've been using. Not a huge amount longer but enough that with a couple test resets I didn't get it all the way out. Need to get a bit of practice in.

Which Geissele are you running?

The one that came in the Colt CRP-18 Pro about 18 months ago. It feels very different than the one I picked up this August. I'm not really sure. It has a short reset but the break is fairly long and has a lot of sear movement. Feels like it takes awhile to get through the pull.

From all the hype I heard on the intarwebs I expected it to be the Best Thing Ever . The one I tried was good, but not better than my JP. The reset was longer too.

The drop in installation is nice.

From all the hype I heard on the intarwebs I expected it to be the Best Thing Ever . The one I tried was good, but not better than my JP. The reset was longer too.

Well I'm trying to see if this is going to turn into another Geissele-type hype train.

I was sorely disappointed over all the hype of the Geissele S3G when I finally got one to compare to both a JP and an AR Gold.

Well I'm trying to see if this is going to turn into another Geissele-type hype train.

I was sorely disappointed over all the hype of the Geissele S3G when I finally got one to compare to both a JP and an AR Gold.

You gotta watch out. There's a fair amount of derp on this forum about AR triggers.

I feel like I've tried all of them. I'm willing to try more but the hyperbole surrounding some leave me skeptical especially after the Geissele disappointment.

With the hiperfire, the commentary and hype feel very Geissele-ish. Right now "wait and see" is far ahead of "must get one now". I'm beginning to see why triggers and comps are much discussed on here and other forums. People want to know what is best but can't realistically try and compare all the ones available. Additionally, trigger and comp preferences are highly subjective to the user.

There's a pretty decent article in Recoil magazine comparing several of the top AR triggers. Doesn't go much into depth, but it was enough to get me to try the Hiperfire. It's difficult for one person to try the 20 some odd AR trigger choices out there all on their own. I don't have 4K to spend buying one of each to try. I've also found that even the same brand/model of trigger doesn't always feel the same in different guns and over time. Pick one and try it. If you don't like it, sell it on the forum and buy something else. Different people have drastically different preferences when it comes to triggers.

I recently switched from the AR GOLD to the 24C. I liked the AR GOLD but noticed I was often times experiencing trigger freeze on close range targets after firing the first round. The problem was a lack of any discernible reset. It was like my brain was waiting to feel that click and a few tenths of a second later I would realize what was happening and press the trigger again. Once I got rolling through a sequence of targets it was fine, however, it happened enough times right after the “BEEP” that I decided to try something else.

As fate would have it I won a drawing for a 24C at Tarheel 3gun a little while back. I’ve since installed it and shot it in a few matches. The trigger has a very positive and short reset and the trigger freeze problem that ailed me with the AR GOLD is gone. I’m a huge fan, and this is hands down my favorite of all the triggers I’ve tried.

I'm beginning to see why triggers and comps are much discussed on here and other forums. People want to know what is best but can't realistically try and compare all the ones available. Additionally, trigger and comp preferences are highly subjective to the user.

You are speaking the truth! It's hard to make a judgment based on people saying stuff is awesome or not awesome. I just spent probably 30 minutes trying to accurately measure the reset of my two match triggers, the JP and the 24c. Obviously your mileage may vary, but as accurately as I could VERY carefully measure them with a tape that reads in 32nds of an inch, the reset of the JP measured 2/32nds and the 24c measured 3/32nds, measured at the very lower tip of each trigger. That being said, I think both triggers are awesome. The Hiperfire is very slightly more awesome, for me, due to the lighter break and the fact that they basically invented a better mousetrap by allowing a full power hammer spring to be used and still having a super light pull.

I'm beginning to see why triggers and comps are much discussed on here and other forums. People want to know what is best but can't realistically try and compare all the ones available. Additionally, trigger and comp preferences are highly subjective to the user.

You are speaking the truth! It's hard to make a judgment based on people saying stuff is awesome or not awesome. I just spent probably 30 minutes trying to accurately measure the reset of my two match triggers, the JP and the 24c. Obviously your mileage may vary, but as accurately as I could VERY carefully measure them with a tape that reads in 32nds of an inch, the reset of the JP measured 2/32nds and the 24c measured 3/32nds, measured at the very lower tip of each trigger. That being said, I think both triggers are awesome. The Hiperfire is very slightly more awesome, for me, due to the lighter break and the fact that they basically invented a better mousetrap by allowing a full power hammer spring to be used and still having a super light pull.

That is exactly what convinced me to buy the Hyperfire over the others. It still uses the stock spring, but I can get a 2ish lb pull. Sold me on it.

I'm glad to see all the positive feedback on the Hipertouch triggers...I truly believe they are the best triggers available and looking forward to more new products from Hiperfire.

Remember there is a discount on internet orders through October, contact me if anyone needs the code.

My Hiperfire 24C came in today and I installed it. Took about 10 minutes, and that was the 1st AR trigger I have ever installed. Never felt a drop in trigger that was this nice. Super smooth, with a rediculously light pull. I don't have a guage with me but it feels lighter than the 2lb trigger on my pistol.

I didn't like the trigger bow of the Timney's. Gessiele was really nice, but I like the feel of a single stage trigger better. AR Gold was the closest in feel to this, but I think with the addition of the trigger shoe, I like the 24C better. JP felt as good, but that needs to be tuned.

I like the fact that this trigger was the only one that had better than stock hammer fall force.

Glad I picked this one up. When I build my hunting AR, I will get the 24E trigger to go with it.