Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hipertouch 24c trigger

45shooter

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed a 24C in two of my rifles. My 14.5" & 16". Theses trigger are great and I think they will get better after a few rds. I like a flat trigger but right now I am giving the Hipershoe try. I have shot both rifles around 300 rds. each and have not problem getting on the Hipershoe after the buzzer or when moving with my finger out of the trigger area and getting back on the Hipershoe to shoot again. I can see some more 24C's in my future.

I am afraid I have no codes currently. I will inquire to see if we have any in the works.

THese truly great triggers and I appreciate your continued interest.

TC

Damn, maybe a black friday sale?

I'll try one for sure if there is a black friday sale. currently running a AR gold in my dedicated .22 and would love to try this in my full power rig...

I received my 24C last Friday and installed it in my gun. The first thing I noticed was a burr on both sides of the trigger frame ( part #1) where the trigger pin passes through. A few passes with a stone took care them. After installing the complete trigger and cocking the hammer by hand I discovered that the disconnector would not release the hammer. If I put my finger behind the trigger and pushed it forward the disconnector would release the hammer. After a conversation with the folks at Hipertouch it was determined that the spacing between the hammer and trigger pin pivot holes in my Rock River lower were out of spec. If you look at the "AR 10 & AR 15 Fire Contorl Cavities" spec page on the Hiperfire webpage you will see the pin spacing in red which was placed there after my call. Now that I've stoned the burrs I could not return the trigger. I took care of the problem by mounting the hammer in a tool makers vise and taking .005" off the vertical surface of the hammer hook that the disconnector rides on top of. Now the disconnector would release the hammer for firing when I tripped the trigger.

After playing with the trigger for a while I noticed some creep before the hammer was released. Back to the surface grinder where I took .004" off the vertical face of the hammer hook that engaged the trigger. Now the trigger feels great and works even better.

With the lightest toggle springs and the red shoe at the lowest position on the trigger I have a consistent 2# trigger. I'll try the heavier springs also as it takes just a minute to change them. The reset is very firm and short. I think the pull should smooth out once the mating surfaces have a chance to burnish each other. Time will tell.

Pat

I received my 24C last Friday and installed it in my gun. The first thing I noticed was a burr on both sides of the trigger frame ( part #1) where the trigger pin passes through. A few passes with a stone took care them. After installing the complete trigger and cocking the hammer by hand I discovered that the disconnector would not release the hammer. If I put my finger behind the trigger and pushed it forward the disconnector would release the hammer. After a conversation with the folks at Hipertouch it was determined that the spacing between the hammer and trigger pin pivot holes in my Rock River lower were out of spec. If you look at the "AR 10 & AR 15 Fire Contorl Cavities" spec page on the Hiperfire webpage you will see the pin spacing in red which was placed there after my call. Now that I've stoned the burrs I could not return the trigger. I took care of the problem by mounting the hammer in a tool makers vise and taking .005" off the vertical surface of the hammer hook that the disconnector rides on top of. Now the disconnector would release the hammer for firing when I tripped the trigger.

After playing with the trigger for a while I noticed some creep before the hammer was released. Back to the surface grinder where I took .004" off the vertical face of the hammer hook that engaged the trigger. Now the trigger feels great and works even better.

With the lightest toggle springs and the red shoe at the lowest position on the trigger I have a consistent 2# trigger. I'll try the heavier springs also as it takes just a minute to change them. The reset is very firm and short. I think the pull should smooth out once the mating surfaces have a chance to burnish each other. Time will tell.

Pat

Just ordered a 24c and had pla ned to install in a RR lower. Might have to use a different lower now. Thanks for the heads up.

Just ordered a 24c and had pla ned to install in a RR lower. Might have to use a different lower now. Thanks for the heads up.

Try the 24C in your RR lower. As I said, I needed to remove .005" so the disconnector would release the hammer. Obviously not much so yours might just fit. Let us know how it all works out.

Pat

I would like to see more "shoe" options. No matter where I position the shoe it feels funny to me. Not something I can't get used to, but still odd. I'd use it without the shoe, but the trigger reach is too short for me. I'd like a longer, flat faced "shoe". Toying with the idea of glueing something to the face of the trigger.

Try the 24C in your RR lower. As I said, I needed to remove .005" so the disconnector would release the hammer. Obviously not much so yours might just fit. Let us know how it all works out.

Pat

Just installed a 24C in my Rock River lower and it works just fine. Fantastic trigger. I'm switching from a Geisle S3G. Huge improvement.

I installed mine in a Colt Competition lower. Replaced a S3G and like this much better. I haven't done much testing with it, just a very quick 60 rounds to test trigger feel under speed. The hammer felt really weird when I installed it. Turns out I screwed up the install and had one of the legs turned around. Still worked 100% but the feel is much better now. RTFM. This is way different than any other trigger I've installed.

Regrettably, I have no TCXXXX codes for now. However the guidance to use the Brownells code is likely the better choice or check with any of the other great supporters of our sport to see if they have similar or betterBlack Friday offerings.

Regrettably, I have no TCXXXX codes for now. However the guidance to use the Brownells code is likely the better choice or check with any of the other great supporters of our sport to see if they have similar or betterBlack Friday offerings.

I spent a good bit of time this evening checking and the Brownells discount is the best price I could find.

If anyone finds better, please post.

Thanks.

Bill

I ordered some stuff from shooters source on fri it got here too day!!! Awesome service ,Jeremy made sure he had the +5 Nordic tube in stock while on the phone w him. Was blown outta my socks when the box hit today. I also like the fact they didn't try to sell me a bunch of stuff I didn't need.

5 stars for shooters source!!! 3 gun friendly!!! Boo yah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Edited by Dustbuster1