Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George - As long as you don't want it mailed to an address in the Ukraine, it's yours! :rolleyes:

Do you want me to email you a picture before you decide? If so, pm me your email address.

Yeah, Beven is the best source for tanfo/caspian mag followers.

Edited by Bamboo

Thanks everyone for all the patience and willingness to ship up here to the great white north :), it helps a lot and goes a long way.

Cheers,

Evan

We have to keep our Tanfoglio Bros up north up to speed. We are a rare breed and have to stick together.....Oh forgot to add AYE at the end :cheers:

Rich of Canyon Creek Custom or Jim Bodkin of JD Sales are good, but I'd be happy to help you do it yourself :)

I just took 60 something pictures while tuning up an SP01 with the intention of making a how to thread, the Tanfo is pretty similar.

I have a G34 thats been done over by Johhny Glocks that I use & love but curiosity has gotten the better of me .... I also have a sp01.... wasnt sure which one I wanted to soup up .... I'd be using it strictly for 3 gun, so I figured the SA Tang would be better ....

I guess in reality all I need done is

1) new sights

2) better trigger

3) reliable feeding

4) Magwell

5) mag extensions

is that all "doable" for the everyday Joe ?

edit for #4 & #5

post-43460-0-32175600-1391866758_thumb.j

post-43460-0-56917100-1391866770_thumb.j

post-43460-0-27238200-1391866778_thumb.j

Edited by fireman489

Yes it's all easily doable. I did all that to my Tanfo on my own very easily and I'm new to them.

I will say this though, I've tricked out many plastic guns and rifles in the past, but the info and resources are out there if you get stuck.

Edited by Vanniek71

well my ammo has never NOT fed in either of my Glocks.... over 10k rounds of this specific load....I had 14 FTfeeds in 50 rounds in my Tang..... so please define "correctly"....maybe the Tang likes different COAL's ??? Im running 3.2 of TG @ 1.135, FC brass & CCI primers

some load data for 147g with Titegroup would be super cool... I have 6.5 & 8# recoil springs as of now....

Is the gun brand new? Like most all steel guns you may need to break the gun in. I usually shoot about 500 rounds, use oil not grease, and clean the rails and re-oil every few hundred rounds. After that break in it should run 100%

Also your mags aren't shiny black are they?

Edited by Nealio

well my ammo has never NOT fed in either of my Glocks.... over 10k rounds of this specific load....I had 14 FTfeeds in 50 rounds in my Tang..... so please define "correctly"....maybe the Tang likes different COAL's ??? Im running 3.2 of TG @ 1.135, FC brass & CCI primers

some load data for 147g with Titegroup would be super cool... I have 6.5 & 8# recoil springs as of now....

Are u using newer mags with black followers?

Rich of Canyon Creek Custom or Jim Bodkin of JD Sales are good, but I'd be happy to help you do it yourself :)

I just took 60 something pictures while tuning up an SP01 with the intention of making a how to thread, the Tanfo is pretty similar.

Looking forward to your SP-01 how-to thread!

Nealio, e-mishka:

Can you explain more on your comments about shiny black mags and black followers?

(My 9mm Match runs 100% with the six new semi-shiny black mags with black followers that I purchased new from EAA late last fall of 2013. On one side the mags are marked K9, and on the other side FT-Made In Italy)

Those aren't the shiny ones. The bad ones are gloss black with red followers, but they were replaced a couple years ago with the K-series mags. However last year when there was a run on mags some people reported they got the old ones from EAA.

Since it's so hard to find .40 Limited pistols right now, is anyone interested in trading for my .40 Match upper? It has an EAA FO front sight (with green, red or yellow rods), adjustable rear and glossy blued finish, Depending what you have to offer I'd be willing to add/subtract mags or cash to even up the trade; I'd be interested in 9mm uppers (compact, standard, long slide or 6" (I can dream right?!?)), 10mm Hunter upper or perhaps others ;)

IMG_20140209_193345_160-1_zpsz9nfivhj.jp

IMG_20140209_193327_161-1_zpsnc2bbabq.jp

IMG_20140209_193413_806-1_zpstkragvfz.jp

IMG_20140209_193430_971-1_zpszra0xahl.jp

Edited by kneelingatlas

Are u using newer mags with black followers?

yes the black mags & black followers, gun prob has 300-400 rounds through it . I have a 38S barrel & a 9mm set up. Currently have a 6.0 & 8.5 spring. Maybe my G34 load is too short for the Tang ?? My G34 load PF is 130-132 just a FYI

Edited by fireman489