Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Supercomp Brass

lneel

Well, I tried to order some Starline 38 Supercomp brass and found out they won't even take online orders. Call in orders are being told 6 months. I do not have to have any as I am a reloading nut and have 20k new brass loaded rounds, but I want to have brass on-hand.

I gave Ivan at Armscor another try and found out he had Armscor USA 38 Super RL brass in stock. I ordered 10k. I received the brass in about a week. This is not the same old Armscor 38 Super RL brass from the past. It is more uniform and has a different headstamp. Primer pocket and holes are centered and uniform on every piece I inspected. It comes in 2500 piece boxes and looked like a good quality product. I have already shot about 500 rounds and reloaded and shot 100 of that. I don't know if it will reload as many times as Starline yet but I am glad to have an alternative immediately available.

If you need some compatible 38 Supercomp brass, shoot Ivan an email, ivan@armscor.net . He told me he has plenty in stock.

Lee

Hmmm, might have to give them a shot. Just placed an order over a week ago with Starline for some SC brass when the website said it was in stock. They keep on pushing back the date that its available. At this rate who knows when....

Some of the crap I had in 2004 cracked on the first shot. It was worse to work with than crappy range brass. :surprise:

If it really is decent, I MIGHT try some.

Keep us updated. :cheers:

Received 2000 supercomp brass on fri 8/30/13. From starline

Well, I just checked the Starline website and 38 SC still says not orderable.

When did you order this brass you just got?

I am headed to the range tomorrow to shoot the third loading on some of this Armscor. I will report how they look.

Well, I just checked the Starline website and 38 SC still says not orderable.When did you order this brass you just got?I am headed to the range tomorrow to shoot the third loading on some of this Armscor. I will report how they look.

I ordered mine last Thursday & it is being delivered on Wednesday.

Well, I just checked the Starline website and 38 SC still says not orderable.

When did you order this brass you just got?

I am headed to the range tomorrow to shoot the third loading on some of this Armscor. I will report how they look.

I'll be looking forward to your range report. If I can get a couple of loadings on this brass then I don't mine leaving it on the ground after the third loading. I'll feel like I got my monies worth when I shoot lost brass matches.

I had ordered mine the last time they had it in stock -about a month. I kept looking for it but it never came. when this run came avail I called them. mine had already been shipped. my job doesn't allow me to sit a the computer all day and watch to see if is avail. they have a "notify me" option on their site that is avail to use and that is what I did but usually by the time I see it they are gone. I wasn't about to run out so I wasn't sweating it. I was getting worried but not in panic mode yet. I still like doing business with them though. they are very prompt in responses to my emails.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had some of that older Armscor brass in the past and I also did my best to lose that brass first. At the Area 2 prize table there was a case of Armscor that was passed by many times so I took it. This new Armscor was marked differently (Armscor USA) and was really good quality. I still like Starline, but if it was not available I would not hesitate to by more of this newer Armscor.

• 2 weeks later...