Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need hep picking a Birthday Les Baer!

steviesterno

Hey all,

so I'm hitting a milestone birthday this year (30!) and I want to get a new gun to celebrate. The little lady is fully on board and wants to chip in lots, but we're not lottery winners, so no full custom work or anything like that yet.

I already have a Concept V in stainless that's all dolled up for competition, and I love it. Eats everything and gets them where I point, even if it's my aim that's off. But with the heavy grips, monster mag well, and target sights it's not ideal for CCW or HD.

But I'm having a hard time deciding on the next model to get. I want one that's more carry/hd friendly, and it needs to be in blue. My goal is to shoot the blue off it before it gets passed down to anyone in the family. rock.gif

I like the idea of a rail for lights and lasers, but I don't love carrying those. And I think LB only makes the recon set up like that, right? I might also shoot it in random matches like IDPA and steel challenge, for fun and practice. Eventually I'll take some training classes with it, too.

But I also love the timeless look and all business attitude of Matt and Coltman's guns. Plain and simple, night sights, shot well looking "standard" 1911s.

so what do you think? Get this one to be more old-school and classic and rail free (haven't decided on FCS yet but maybe not) or should I get the rail version so it can serve a full HD duty roll? Both would be a great option but I only get one... for now

also where's the best place to get these? Still Hammon?

My 30th Birthday Baer was a Custom Carry with no FCS or Ambi. I went though Crazy John at cj1911heaven.com price was better than anyone else I have seen. Just give him a call he usually has a ton of things in stock with different options.

IMGP2739.jpg

• 1 month later...

TRS (Thunder Ranch Special)

+1 This one Check Crazy John's for stock and prices.

I have a Concept II and this one and when I shoot it's always the TRS. Easy to carry, OK as easy as any 5" 1911, no ambi safety, fixed sights, I replaced the thin grips with standard.