Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz SP01 Shadow vs Tanfoglio Stock 2

fellas

Hi how are you guys now i decided to upgrade my gun for IPSC production for sure. I use a glock 17 gen 4 and i noticed that the gun without any minor upgrades is not made for this division .

with CZ and Tanfoglio as two major gun makers for IPSC production i am looking at these guns .

Here in Malta CZ there are a lot which i shot one of a friend of mine with very minimal recoil and the advantage of changing the springs of the gun and still be legal like recoil and main spring . with the stock 2 there is no one that has it but about handling i can get a Limited pro which has the same frame without the dust cover but the problem is with the trigger, with light strikes and the gun get expensive when you start changing sears , firing pins , hammer so what is your opinion

thanks

The light strikes could be fixed with a stronger hammer spring or softer primers.

I haven't shot a Stock II, but I have an SP01 Shadow and many Tanfoglio; in my opinion the longer hammer spring and trigger bar spring of the CZ have better potential for a reliable, super light trigger. If you're happy with a 3 kilo DA pull it's a toss up although I like the frame checkering of the Tanfoglios better.

I'm gettin ready to pick up my baby eagle

pretty much the same category

The Jericho is a great stand in for a Stock II at half the price and the internals are almost identical. Plus the Jericho has the long hammer spring like the CZ, I run an 11.5# in mine with no light strikes, 13# in a Tanfo with the short spring is right on the edge, like the 8.5# in my Jericho. The downsides are on flared mag well, no aggressive grip checkering, no cone lock barrel and fewer sight options.

Fellas, i have shot both guns. When shooting there isn't much of difference. Each has its own character. Felt recoil, i give it to Stock II.

CZ will always be better in the trigger department. Like kneeling mentioned, its about the main spring. Reset is shorter too with the shadow.

Other than those mentioned, Stock II wins it all. Barrel, slide to frame fit, adjustable rear sight, aggressive grip serrations on front strap and back, squared trigger guard.

With IPSC, youre kinda limited with what you can change i believe in internal parts. If I were you, get the xtreme version of stock II. Better trigger, better reset.

Goodluck!

I've not handled a Stock II, but the primary reason I'd like to get one is the larger grip area (I think they are all "large frames"? and my Witness Match feels great in my hands while my Shadow feels like it leaves no room for my weak hand.) I guess it's all about deciding which trade-offs you can live with. To me, ability to get the best grip is most important - my trigger pulls yank the muzzle all over the place without a great grip.

I've not handled a Stock II, but the primary reason I'd like to get one is the larger grip area (I think they are all "large frames"? and my Witness Match feels great in my hands while my Shadow feels like it leaves no room for my weak hand.) I guess it's all about deciding which trade-offs you can live with. To me, ability to get the best grip is most important - my trigger pulls yank the muzzle all over the place without a great grip.

The Match is the biggest grip of all the Witnesses I've handled, my Hunter frame (which I'm 90% sure is the same as the Stock II) is slightly smaller.

I have both and for sure Stock II shoots flatter and shots group better than the shadow. If only the my shadow goes bang all the time i will stick with it even if the checkering hurt my hand....so for now I am still using my most trusted CZ SP01 until i debug my Stock II

I love reading about Shadow vs Stock II here in the US. Might as well discuss riding a unicorn vs riding a hippogriff.

Well? Which is best?

I vote hippogriff: it has wings and the upper body of an eagle. A unicorn is just a horse with a stick on its head.

But I bet that I could get one of each in trade for my Shadow and have enough left over for a Glock :)

But what division does a Hippogriff put you in? :D

It will put you in the new Cryptid division that I'll be proposing to the USPSA BoD. The list of approved Cryptid pistols gets updated on the first of each month via a GunBroker search. Pistols for which the search comes back empty get added to that month's list.

Jericho's need to come with the frame mounted safety and not the slide mounted safeties that are available in the US....

Mick

I'm gettin ready to pick up my baby eagle
pretty much the same category

The Jericho is a great stand in for a Stock II at half the price and the internals are almost identical. Plus the Jericho has the long hammer spring like the CZ, I run an 11.5# in mine with no light strikes, 13# in a Tanfo with the short spring is right on the edge, like the 8.5# in my Jericho. The downsides are on flared mag well, no aggressive grip checkering, no cone lock barrel and fewer sight options.

I had a shadow and now have a stock 2. after shooting both in competition I would go with the stock 2 again. The grip is a bit bigger on the stock 2 and feels better in the hand.

As stated above it felt like there was very little room for my support hand on the gun and the grip feels too small for me on the cz. Maybe if it has the vz grips it would feel a little better.

Both shoot flat but I think the accuracy would go to the stock 2 as well.

I don't have a Stock 2, but I do own a Limited and an Sp01. The Limited if finished nicer, fi tighter, in hand it would seem like a much better gun than the CZ. But I don't trust it like I do the CZ. I don't expect it to hold up as well as the CZ, and when I need parts/magazines, I know they're harder to get than the CZ. Having owned two Tanfoglios and two CZ's, is pick the CZ.

I compare the CZ75 and the Stock II to an M&P versus a Glock.

For me, the M&P was always torquing in my hand no matter what size grip insert i would use. I simply could not get comfortable with the gun and the recoil impulse was always unpredictable to me because of the way the pistol fit my hand. Im not one to really talk about "fit" of a pistol but in this instance, if there is space between the gun and your grip, the gun is always going to want to move into that negative space.

The Glock for me filled my hand nicely and had a very, very repeatable recoil path.

The same can be said for the CZ 75 versus the Stock II. The stock II grip fills the hand and gives plenty of area for your weak hand to clamp down on whereas the CZ75 feels a bit cramped. I also notice that i do not torque my weak hand wrist forward as much with the CZ75 because i am too busy trying to hang on to the small grip under recoil.

I like the stock II better as a gun but for now, the peace of mind afforded by being able to purchase ANY part i need for my CZ75's wins the day.

If Tanfo would get their act straight with EAA and start importing these things they would be a surefire winner as they're quite affordable and they really are excellent guns.

It will put you in the new Cryptid division that I'll be proposing to the USPSA BoD. The list of approved Cryptid pistols gets updated on the first of each month via a GunBroker search. Pistols for which the search comes back empty get added to that month's list.

:) :)

This sounds like the SP01 Shadow and like the Stock II currently.

Eric

:) :)

This sounds like the SP01 Shadow and like the Stock II currently.

Eric

Yeah, but they take a distant second to the king of the cryptids—the FNS 9 Competition 5" model.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jericho's need to come with the frame mounted safety and not the slide mounted safeties that are available in the US....

I have one in route to my FFL as we speak :devil:

Where can one find the Jericho/Baby Eagle with the frame mounted safety/decocker?

I have one in route to my FFL as we speak :devil:

Where can one find the Jericho/Baby Eagle with the frame mounted safety/decocker?

The one I bought never showed up :( so I guess I'm not the person to ask...