Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blister on trigger finger?

Trebor Snave

What the heck? After shooting my 625 all weekend, I have a blood blister just behind the first knuckle on my trigger finger. Looks like it's from the transition between the trigger face and upper edge - anyone else ever get one from there? I didn't shoot it a lot, only a couple of hundred rounds. Guess I'll have to put some athletic tape on my trigger finger next time, or smooth out that transition on the trigger.

Or is this just something that revolver shooters get?

What the heck? After shooting my 625 all weekend, I have a blood blister just behind the first knuckle on my trigger finger. Looks like it's from the transition between the trigger face and upper edge - anyone else ever get one from there? I didn't shoot it a lot, only a couple of hundred rounds. Guess I'll have to put some athletic tape on my trigger finger next time, or smooth out that transition on the trigger.

Or is this just something that revolver shooters get?

I have a callus in that spot.

It's a common issue, particularly if it is a factory stock trigger pull.

It is the sharp corner at the top of the trigger that does that. On all my guns I round off the side corners and the top corner to a smooth radius. If you do this you can shoot all day without any irritation. The heavier your trigger pull, the more of a problem this is.

I'm with Warren on this. You get the blister from the top sqare edge of the trigger. Partly because it is a square edge and partly because it's a pinch point. During trigger return it pinches your finger between the trigger and frame. Tries to take a little bite out of your finger. Round the trigger surface.

It is the sharp corner at the top of the trigger that does that. On all my guns I round off the side corners and the top corner to a smooth radius. If you do this you can shoot all day without any irritation. The heavier your trigger pull, the more of a problem this is.

Yes, I agree 100%.

• 2 weeks later...