Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No bickering, just data collection... 2014 Revo Nats

dcloudy777

Just like the title says, we have plenty of argument (most of it friendly, thankfully) about 8-shot Minor. What I want to know is this:

Assuming you're going to the stand-alone USPSA Revolver Nationals next year, what will you shoot there? Thanks.

I think this is hard to evaluate without looking at the stages. If everything is in 8 shot arrays then go 8 shot. If everything is in 6 shot arrays then go 6 shot.

This isn't always 100% true but stages play a big part of the decision.

Side note. I'm not a Revo shooter.

If they have the Revo Nats at PASA in conjunction with the SSN again, I can tell you we will do what we can to make it interesting for both 6 and 8 shooters. A dozen + stages will give us a lot of room to make stage break down, and execution challenging. Other than start positions and a few equipment deals, I believe the stages were the same for both matches this year. Of course mo' BB's is always better.

I bet a dollar the match will be 6 neutral.

I shot the 2013 Nationals and they were not 6 shot neutral and I will take that bet for the 2014 Nationals. If they do it like this last year, the stages will be the same ones Single-Stack shoots, with maybe a few extra targets thrown in to bump the round count and add some challenge. If it is six shot neutral, it is not worth going. My .02.

6MAJ assuming that I get to go. Got a 625 and associated gear. Don't have the funds to go out to get a 627, plus a stack of new moonclips, couple thousand .38 short Colt brass and dies.

Edited by Wideload

I think this is hard to evaluate without looking at the stages. If everything is in 8 shot arrays then go 8 shot. If everything is in 6 shot arrays then go 6 shot.

Interesting that a non-Revo shooter hits the nail squarely on the head! :D

If they have the Revo Nats at PASA in conjunction with the SSN again, I can tell you we will do what we can to make it interesting for both 6 and 8 shooters. A dozen + stages will give us a lot of room to make stage break down, and execution challenging.

Everybody should pay close attention to what Tony is saying here. The guys at PASA are premiere experts in stage design, and if the goal is to create reasonable parity between the 6-major and 8-minor platforms, I can guarantee you they will hit that mark.

Think about it--a Revolver Nationals where you could shoot either type of gun and potentially win--a match where you could look over the stages, and wind up scratching your head trying to decide whether to shoot your 625 or your 8-shot. That would be the absolutely ideal scenario, and in a stand-alone Revolver match where you don't have to worry about the other divisions, that scenario can be accomplished.

I would try to bring my 625 and my 627 and look at the stages and figure out which one would be the best for the match. If for some reason doing that would not be plausible. I would probably bring my 627 because I shoot it better than the 625. I will have to work harder on not hitting as many C's though.

Brian Schrock

Think about it--a Revolver Nationals where you could shoot either type of gun and potentially win--a match where you could look over the stages, and wind up scratching your head trying to decide whether to shoot your 625 or your 8-shot. That would be the absolutely ideal scenario, and in a stand-alone Revolver match where you don't have to worry about the other divisions, that scenario can be accomplished.

So now to have gear "parity" you have to have a 625 rig AND a 627 rig... effectively doubling the cost. That's the point I was trying to make in one of the other threads.

So now to have gear "parity" you have to have a 625 rig AND a 627 rig... effectively doubling the cost. That's the point I was trying to make in one of the other threads.

Ok I must have missed where they allowed 8 shot minor. Can somebody point me there?

Also I think one or the other will scrub out. You still don't see a lot of minor SS shooters at the top of matches.

Ok I must have missed where they allowed 8 shot minor. Can somebody point me there?

Also I think one or the other will scrub out. You still don't see a lot of minor SS shooters at the top of matches.

Corey revolver is a different can of worms than SS. How many SS shooters would switch to minor to get 2 extra rounds if USPSA allowed 10 shots target arrays?

That's the deal with the discussion on revolver allowing 8 minor in with 6 major.

Edited by Bosshoss

Interesting that a non-Revo shooter hits the nail squarely on the head! :D

especially for him..... :devil:

i use the same rig for both guns so that isn't much of an issue. If it is anything like our local level testing some stages will favor one gun more than the other but the shooter still has to do his part..

I think they should do a few special categories as well for the die hard speedloader guys... just my 2 pennies.

I voted 6 Major due to the fact that it's the only option at this point. If it does become legal then I would anticipate that it would be a wash at the Nationals.

Then it would come down to what platform I liked the best. I have my 625 set up and like it. I have a 627 now and am anxious to get it set up.

I would anticipate using the one that is most accurate and feels best. I won't make the decision based only on the round count of the cylinder at this point.

I don't want to skew your results by voting. But I'll be shooting 6 shot for sure. Major if my gunsmith is able to have my new build ready. There's a decent chance that I'd shoot 6 shot minor if it's not. It all depends on if my new platform is enough better for me than my 625. I'm pretty certain (>95%) that I won't be buying another N frame game gun.