Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What length barrel is Daniel running in the picture on the 3GN site?

bmiller

Does this signal the death of the 18" barrel for competition? :devil:

3GN Pro Series stages are quite a bit different than most 3 gun matches. Have you noticed how many 1x optics are also being used? I'm going to guess 1/2 of the shooters are using an Eotech, Aimpoint, Speed Bead, or something similar. I'm using a 4 minute Aimpoint H1, which I wouldn't dare use for most 3 gun matches, but it's working great for these.

I'd kind of like to see the format change somewhat. I know it's setup for tv so the stages are different in that regard. Maybe some kind of rule where you claim a rifle length and optic style variable or red dot etc. and that's what you would have to run at 3GN events all year.

Out of curiosity, are they personal registered NFA SBR lowers or just Army property?

he does not own anything i am sure all military "issue". has paper work to carry off base.

my work gun is a 12.5"

my 3gun is a 14.5 with a s&b ffp. for real world work also just carry the upper

at work carry 11.5 with m-4-s and pac-15 and can every day.

14.5 is a spr for me. good to 350 yards. for nasty things at nite with same can same frame ,nods

same ammo. mu required ammo is 75 gr tap so i am gtg

inside 100 meters its 55gr for match. not as easy to get.

works for me

never have been to a match where a longer bbl would have made me shoot better. l.o.l.

jjw

That rifle looks bad ass. I like that stock he is running I will have to look into one of those.

http://tacmodstock.com/Concept/index.php

They never got back to me when I tried to contact them so I run the XLR Tactical Buttstock instead

Thanks for the info I will be looking into the XLR

If you go with the XLR, be sure to let them know if you are using it for an AR. The cheekpiece is too high to use with irons and normal height scope mounts. They ended up fabricating a custom smooth attachment piece for their buffer tube.

Out of curiosity, are they personal registered NFA SBR lowers or just Army property?

he does not own anything i am sure all military "issue". has paper work to carry off base.

my work gun is a 11.5"

14.5 is a spr for me. good to 350 yards. for nasty things at nite with same can same frame ,nods

same ammo. my required ammo is 75 gr tap so i am gtg

works for me

never have been to a match where a longer bbl would have made me shoot better. l.o.l.

jjw

• 5 weeks later...

my work gun is a 11.5"

works for me

jjw

99.9% chance that is his gun.

Edited by bruceleroy

I've often wished I wasn't required to fill out at 5320.20 for every state I wanted to take my SBR to. You would have to have a rifle for free states, and a different rifle for states like Illinois.

A buddy shot his 11.5" BCM SBR at CMMG's monthly match and was able to hit the 385yd gong on his 2nd or 3rd shot, and ran the long range stage faster than he did with my 3-gun rifle.

I've often wished I wasn't required to fill out at 5320.20 for every state I wanted to take my SBR to. You would have to have a rifle for free states, and a different rifle for states like Illinois.

A buddy shot his 11.5" BCM SBR at CMMG's monthly match and was able to hit the 385yd gong on his 2nd or 3rd shot, and ran the long range stage faster than he did with my 3-gun rifle.

if u are stating that as i read it u are wrong'

u fill out 1 a year as a civialin and put in jan 1/2013--returning jan1/2014 and use for trg/matches/work and u are done.

i dont have to as these are personally owned work guns. i a contractor but when i was just shooting 3 gun before 9/11 thats what i did. not problem. an atf examiner in w.va told me to do it. she was a match shooter and did it herself.

(if i read it as u stated it) 1 form is gtg.

its not a state form its a fed form. if c-3 is allowed, thats a states issue. u can travel thru. but cannot stay in non c-3 with them.

like i would spend 1 dime there. eat-gas-piss. never get out of the car in 1.

make damn sure i dont give them "nuttin"

ask i am around.

jjw

my work gun is a 11.5"

works for me

jjw

99.9% chance that is his gun.

he is an e-5 pay grade dont think he's buying $ 3000 guns on a buck sgt's pay.if he is supplying the guns i would be very surprised.

what about:

the ammo

shot guns

pistols

dont much think so but will ask him next time i am at amu.