Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best 1x4 scope under $800?

DrLove

Big fan of the Vortex Viper PST 1-4. Get the capped turret model if you can find one, it's a little cheaper and there's really no advantage to the target turrets. I have 2, the last of which I found for $400 out the door. They are very clear and super fast on 1x when properly focused.

How about 1x6 guys? any ideas?

See post #4...

The only additional one in that category I can think of is the Sightmark Triple Duty 1-6 but I would try to stay away from it unless you are a very tight budget and feel like you need a 1-6.

See post #4...

The only additional one in that category I can think of is the Sightmark Triple Duty 1-6 but I would try to stay away from it unless you are a very tight budget and feel like you need a 1-6.

You know what, I just ordered that Sightmark from Amazon. I know, I hate cheap optics too but worst case, I return it to Amazon as they're great about customer service

I am running the Leupold Mk IV/MRT (1.5-5x) with the CMR-2 reticle. It is much more versatile than the Bushnell 1-4x and Trijicon 3.5x ACOG which I ran previously. Lightly used or on sale and it would meet your price point.

I have yet to see any 1-6 scope that are any good for under $1400. The vortex razor is very nice at that $1400 price point.

If you want the extra 2x magnification, I suggest saving a bit more money.

How far will you be shooting? That might sway your choice from one to the other.

George

I love my Burris Mtac. I havent used it in competition but its a great scope. Quality glass for the price, sturdy, great reticle, nice eye relief range.

Its a little heavy because its illuminated and i have PEPR mount which is heavy but the scope itself is comparable to other low power illum scopes.

MTAC/TAC30 for a new scope, or watch for someone selling a Meoptaq K Dot that is up grading to something else.

I have hit plates at 425 yards with 55 grn hornaday handloads.

So what's a good price on used Meoptaq? I know so,some local that has one for sale