Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Draft Rule Book Poll

ktm300

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This took 18 months? What a joke. I could have rewrote it in less than a day and it would have been a lot better than this.

+1 on that! This is why they say.."If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!"

I was shoot USPSA pretty much exclusively with a few IDPA matches in between until I read a copy of the draft "rules". After that I no longer wish to participate in there game. Don't get me wrong - rules are a necessary part of the sport, but when they are no longer based in LOGIC I have a hard time seeing the purpose. I started off shooting IDPA and really loved the game. However as my game improved I found out rather quickly is that the objective of IDPA is to find a way to discourage Master level shooters from participating so that it becomes a game for "New" shooters and "retired" shooters. No disrespect is meant to either as they are also a vital part of the shooting sports.

The slightly worse and much worse options were missing. I would have voted slightly worse.

I was trying to be nice. I have been accused of "misrepresenting the issue to suit your personal agenda.", and "badmouthing the organization". I think I am just trying to figure out what people think.

"I found out rather quickly is that the objective of IDPA is to find a way to discourage Master level shooters from participating so that it becomes a game for "New" shooters and "retired" shooters"

Are you agreeing, or picking that statement out for a particular reason?

After our club in Louisiana shut down, I moved to South Alabama and was not happy that there was no IDPA club in the area. Now, it doesn't bother me as much because of the new rules. Once I get things straight with my new job, I will be shooting strictly USPSA.

However as my game improved I found out rather quickly is that the objective of IDPA is to find a way to discourage Master level shooters from participating so that it becomes a game for "New" shooters and "retired" shooters.

I have noticed some very good local IDPA shooters coming to our local USPSA shoots. It took a few times for them to figure out what they could do but they are getting a lot better quickly. One is already a USPSA master in production and ended up 4th overall and 1st master at the SC State match. He was 10th overall production at Area 6 as well. He has a few buddies he brought with him that are doing very well. There is a sanctioned IDPA match this weekend, I wonder if I will see him there.

• 2 weeks later...

I shoot both, and while I love IDPA.......is it really a "real life scenario" when I can't load my mags to capacity LOL Sorry I know I'm beating a dead horse here.

The new rules.....meh

I shoot both when time allows and from what I've read there isn't much, if any improvement in the rule book. I'll continue shooting IDPA because I enjoy the "game". The way I see it is every game has a set of rules and if I don't like the rules I don't play. What I find hard to believe/understand is how IDPA can have a set of rules for a competitive game and then say don't use competition equipment.

The new holster rules are ludicrous. How am I supposed to find a holster online that conforms to the dowel rule? Just keep ordering and returning different holsters until I find one that works? I'll see you at the range sometime next year. To compensate for this I demand a rule that subtracts a half a second for every ten pounds under 200 that the shooter weighs to account for the fact that we skinny people are harder to hit.

I was shoot USPSA pretty much exclusively with a few IDPA matches in between until I read a copy of the draft "rules". After that I no longer wish to participate in there game. Don't get me wrong - rules are a necessary part of the sport, but when they are no longer based in LOGIC I have a hard time seeing the purpose. I started off shooting IDPA and really loved the game. However as my game improved I found out rather quickly is that the objective of IDPA is to find a way to discourage Master level shooters from participating so that it becomes a game for "New" shooters and "retired" shooters. No disrespect is meant to either as they are also a vital part of the shooting sports.

well said

The new holster rules are ludicrous. How am I supposed to find a holster online that conforms to the dowel rule? Just keep ordering and returning different holsters until I find one that works? I'll see you at the range sometime next year. To compensate for this I demand a rule that subtracts a half a second for every ten pounds under 200 that the shooter weighs to account for the fact that we skinny people are harder to hit.

nice!!

"I found out rather quickly is that the objective of IDPA is to find a way to discourage Master level shooters from participating so that it becomes a game for "New" shooters and "retired" shooters"

Are you agreeing, or picking that statement out for a particular reason?

Agreeing, lately it seems to me more and more stages I shoot are geared toward attempts at slowing down the faster shooters, rather than speeding up the slower ones.