Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

my $28,000 shooting chair

RWF

Get some custom rims and throw on a set of mud tires and nothing will be able to stop you.

believe it or not i did ask the wheel chair people about the tire size and bolt pattern after some funny looks i told them about maybe trying to get some small ATV style rims and tires for it. they claim the bolt pattern and size is unique to that company.

i went out into the yard the day after a good rain and it took a F-350 dualy to get me unstuck! true story. :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice chair, but its just a chair. Hats off to the man and the woman behind him!----------------Larry

thank you, but to me it is life line, if not i would live in bed. doctor said i would never be able to use my legs or lower body again. i can not transfer- go from my chair to a car seat. or from my chair to my bed or bed to the chair. the wife uses a lift with me in a harness to and out of bed. for sleep or a diaper change. no control.

the good news is i can now move my toes.

That just kicks ass.

If you want some custom rims, I would get in touch with one of the Custom Chopper guys. They do all their stuff custom from AL Billets and could do the bolt pattern easily. I bet one of them out there would comp you a pair of rims.

Edited by 5Shot

Looks good Robert, hopefully I'll see you at the range soon. If you ever want to come shoot one of the 3gun matches at HCGC feel free. We'd be more than happy to make what ever adjustments need be to get you back in the game. I'm sure the IDPA guys feel the same way.

thanks all, i do plan on getting back to HCGC soon, but doc says no long guns for a year. but have put afew rounds thru the AR, but i will not do shotgun till augest,

looking forward to seeing the guys again! they where/is super supportive.

Edited by RWF

My oldest son had muscular dystrophy and had an electric wheel chair - couldn't stop him except in sand. When we lived in Albuquerque 20 odd years ago, I put knobby bike tires on his chariot and he would plow through the sand. We lived in on base in loop housing and he would tow other kids in a wagon around the loop.

Seeing this thread made me think of him and how tough he was. Thanks for the memories!

Good luck!!

Thanks for posting this! I am glad to see people who are determined to do something they want to do and glad to see companies recognizing issues and working with you to help you continue the sport you and all of us love! Awesome! Just plain awesome!

What? $28,000 for the chair, but your using a M&P for Open? Come on! Step up to a custom 2011 Open gun. ;)

thanks, got a great laugh out of that. insurance paid on most of the chair. maybe i can get them to by me 2011 as part of my therapy!

Sorry to hear about your injury, Robert, but you're a perfect example of the old saying "where there is a will- there is a way." I'm certain your attitude will help you heal more mentally and physically than many others in the same condition.