Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunparts has pretty poor support for a lot of current guns. I would try contacting Stoeger directly, although they may only ship it to a gunsmith. They will probably try to talk you into sending the whole gun in so they can make sure nothing else is damaged. Depending on their turnaround that might actually be the fastest way. Had a customer send a Mossy JM back to the factory, he had it back in his hands 12 days later.

Gunparts has pretty poor support for a lot of current guns. I would try contacting Stoeger directly, although they may only ship it to a gunsmith. They will probably try to talk you into sending the whole gun in so they can make sure nothing else is damaged. Depending on their turnaround that might actually be the fastest way. Had a customer send a Mossy JM back to the factory, he had it back in his hands 12 days later.

That's where stoeger sent me but I'll have to send it to them they won't just send me a new tube stupid I have to ship the whole gun not just the tube

I just did a complete tear down so that I can open up the loading port. If I can do it anyone can. There is an exploded view in the manual.

As for opening up the loading port, I'm caving and going to buy a dremel.

Here it is my first attempt I think it looks pretty good besides a few scratches attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Do you think you'll need to extend the lifter?

The little but I've played with it, yes my thumb has got caught in there pretty good a few times. But I also have huge fat guy hands... Edited by trp

So which bolt handle fits this thing I'm seeing conflicting stories?

I have the Benelli M2 bolt handle from Taran Tactical and it does NOT fit out of the box. My understanding is that this is the same handle for the versamax. The factory Stoeger handle is 4.8mm whereas the Benelli replacement is 5mm. I am going to attempt to turn it down and fit it for the Stoeger. Ill make sure and let evryone here know how it goes.

Replaced the 28in barrel with the 24in. I already like the feel a lot better. Made the mistake of buying a +9 instead of a +8 nordic for quad/deuce loading, that thing is going to go way past the barrel.

Anyone got a decent tip to try and clean all the shavings out when opening up the loading port. Maybe I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff but I'd really like to get my receiver cleaner and get into every nook.