Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Slugs for my testing started with 8 in the tube, 1 in the chamber - have a +6 and a 26" barrel. Didn't do that on purpose for testing function with the inertia gun thing in mind, was more along the lines of 'if this were a match' kind of thing. With the Rem reduced recoil it was the first one or two that had a challenge.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Range Report!!!!

new 26" m3000 with +6 (10+1). I polished the tube with increasing steel wool, and some gun oil. Then cleaned all packing lube, and reoiled. Little graphite in the tube. Tested all versions of shells I had from 2 3/4 bulk federal and winchester 7/8 oz to 1 1/8 oz (walmart stuff) 1150fps on up. Also esate 1200fps and 1300. winchester AA, and wichester supertarget all 1300+fps. Did a breakin of 100 rounds, mixed of 3" 1550fps and 1675fps winchesters, and also s&b high brass 00 buck.

All fuctioned perfect on full tube, cycled no issues. I think I've got a winner it is fuctioning far above how my JaM Pro 930 did on its first outing(and every one after that).

Thanks all for the input and info! And tip on a Great Gun!!

While looking over my new toy, I notice that looking thru the slot for the rearward bolt travel that the hammer seems to move backward (be cocked further) as you pull the trigger. This has to add to the trigger pull, so I wonder after looking at post #984, if removing the bump on the back of the hammer would do away with this or does something else need to be done.

Could probably ascertain the answer by taking the trigger group out, but, thought I"d ask first.

MAN that's Awesome, is it ok to have the serial # engraved in the new location?? That would be sweet of Stoeger if we could send them back to them to have them re-serialized.

Ha, yeah, especially considering I about took half of mine off without realizing it at first.

If they are listening then why have 3 messages to their sales department gone unreturned? All I want is to be able to buy them direct so I can offer customers the best price on ready-to-go guns. I have really busted my hump trying to help make this a viable platform and I feel pretty left out by their customer service personally. I realize they are probably not having any trouble selling as many of these as they want, but is irritates me having to buy them from Sportsman's warehouse and drive them back to my shop because I don't have a dedicated "storefront area" due to zoning restrictions. I send M3000s all over the US, but because I have to limit foot traffic I can't be a dealer? Maybe Patrick or Jesse could put in a word so they will at least TALK to me about it (hint hint ;) )

Edit- Zoning restrictions are because I am in a non-commercial industrial area. I have a large CNC Machine shop. Just being clear that it is not a residential garage-shop business, as I already told the first sales rep before I was promised a call back that never came.

Edited by openclassterror

If they are listening then why have 3 messages to their sales department gone unreturned? All I want is to be able to buy them direct so I can offer customers the best price on ready-to-go guns. I have really busted my hump trying to help make this a viable platform and I feel pretty left out by their customer service personally. I realize they are probably not having any trouble selling as many of these as they want, but is irritates me having to buy them from Sportsman's warehouse and drive them back to my shop because I don't have a dedicated "storefront area" due to zoning restrictions. I send M3000s all over the US, but because I have to limit foot traffic I can't be a dealer? Maybe Patrick or Jesse could put in a word so they will at least TALK to me about it (hint hint ;) )

Edit- Zoning restrictions are because I am in a non-commercial industrial area. I have a large CNC Machine shop. Just being clear that it is not a residential garage-shop business, as I already told the first sales rep before I was promised a call back that never came.

That's on my list of questions once I actually meet someone from Stoeger. You're definitely not the only FFL that would like to sell the M3000.

Thanks Steve RA; I've played with the trigger so much I forgot what it was originally. :blush: I did the MOA Precision hammer modification to my trigger only because I installed Taran Tactical trigger springs kit , and was concerned about reliability issue on a 4 lb trigger . There is a definite spot that can be heard and seen when you resting the trigger by hand. The movement you see is the hole in the trigger hammer its over sized and probably designed that way

SteveRA- You are right that the trigger is actually camming the hammer further back before the release. It is due to the geometry of the trigger group. The trigger hook is so far forward of the trigger cross-pin that it actually rotates in a downward direction as it releases the hammer. We recut the angle of the hook to a more neutral angle as part of our in-house trigger jobs. That way we can reduce the weight of pull significantly WITHOUT losing all of the engagement. Cutting on the hammer itself will not reduce the camming effect unless you simply reduce the hook on the underside. Which is where it grabs after the disconnector releases! If you grind very much off, it will double when you release the trigger. Better to modify the trigger than the hammer.

Tom

ok thanks i have been running IC and it seems to working pretty well. A guy at my local 3 gun match is a pretty good shotgun shooter he is sponsored and he placed 2nd overall. He was telling me LM is the way to go.

also is this the correct choke ??

http://www.briley.com/BerettaMobilChokeExtendedChoke.aspx

Edited by Oskino

Yeap that is them.

and these are the Carlson ones. A friend went with the Carlson ones and they look nice. I dunno if there much of a difference between the two. Someone who knows more about shotguns may be able to chime in.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2880111637/carlsons-sporting-clays-extended-choke-tube-benelli-nova-m1-beretta-mobilchoke-12-gauge?cm_vc=ProductFinding

The Beretta/Benelli Mobil. I went with IC and Mod extended.

ok thanks, I was under the impression the LM is best for 3 gun

What's best for 3-gun is knowing your pattern and ammo and knowing what steel it can knock down. Lots of people run too tight of a choke because they don't know that a more open choke will work and be more forgiving. I run IC most of the time and swap between 1145 fps 1 1/8 oz and 1300 fps 1 1/8 oz.